Recommended me a guitar

What's Hot
S56035S56035 Frets: 1127
I have no idea what make model I want but it must have three specific things:

P90 bridge pickup - it can have non P90 neck or nothing at all
Cable jack on the FRONT on the body
Thin "slab" style body

This is for a downstairs sofa guitar that will be used exclusively with Waza Air headphones while sat on the sofa. The receiver for the Waza Airs is too big when using either an LP or Tele, it's gets in the way.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3909
    edited March 30
    You’re talking about a Gibson SG…..Junior?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 8reaction image Wisdom
  • Fiddlesticks_Fiddlesticks_ Frets: 273
    edited March 30
    Epiphone Coronet, Epiphone Wilshire or an SG Junior or Special spring to mind
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
    I really fancy another SG with P90’s, had a lovely Classic some years ago and very much regret getting rid. It was light, comfortable, resonant as hell and sounded the bollocks. Love that thin slab body feel. I’d try a Junior too as I don’t really use the neck pup much. 
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7878
    Deadman said:
    I really fancy another SG with P90’s, had a lovely Classic some years ago and very much regret getting rid. It was light, comfortable, resonant as hell and sounded the bollocks. Love that thin slab body feel. I’d try a Junior too as I don’t really use the neck pup much. 
    I just bought an SG Classic with P90’s. Craxk Ng guitar! Body feels smaller than some other SG’s I’ve had,  but sounds great. 

And, me being me, it’s gaining a Bigsby soon!
  • SlopeSoarerSlopeSoarer Frets: 832
    Gordon Smith GS1?
    TheMarlin said:
    Deadman said:
    I just bought an SG Classic with P90’s. Craxk Ng guitar! Body feels smaller than some other SG’s I’ve had,  but sounds great. 

If God owned a guitar, that’d be it.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72407
    If you find the proportions of the SG Junior a bit odd - the neck is a long way to the left, which can be a problem for sitting down - there are some versions of the Melody Maker from the late 90s or early 2000s which have the features you want but a Les Paul shape.

https://reverb.com/uk/item/55800458-2003-gibson-melody-maker-single-cut-cherry-color-gator-gig-bag

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• timmypixtimmypix Frets: 2399
    Gibson DC Tribute Jr or Special, I reckon
    Tim
  • S56035S56035 Frets: 1127
    Thanks for all the ideas.  Can't believe I've forgotten about an SG!!

@timmypix - Do any of them come with the jack on the front?
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14447
    ICBM said:
    there are some versions of the Melody Maker from the late 90s or early 2000s which have the features you want but a Les Paul shape.
    Or, even, earlier than that. (I have a 1965 mk3 fugly double cutaway.)

The old Gordon-Smith GS-1 might be worth a look. 

The PRS SE One is great - although some do not care for its neck profile.

Fender Mustang 90.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2359
    ICBM said:
    If you find the proportions of the SG Junior a bit odd - the neck is a long way to the left, which can be a problem for sitting down
    I feel that a bit with my Harley Benton SG Jr- even standing up! Is it specific to the Jrs? I don't notice my regular SG Standard being so bad. Part of me wonders if it's the wraparound bridge, and then part of me wonders if that even makes sense!
  • timmypixtimmypix Frets: 2399
    S56035 said:
    Thanks for all the ideas.  Can't believe I've forgotten about an SG!!

@timmypix - Do any of them come with the jack on the front?
    Yes, they revised them in 2019 to move the jack to side but a 2018 or early 2019 should have the jack visible on the scratchplate

Tim
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10487
    tFB Trader
    Deadman said:
    TheMarlin said:
    Deadman said:

If God owned a guitar, that’d be it.
    He's already got a rack full of Telecasters ... give a deity's GAS a break!  
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ewalewal Frets: 2584
    Think quite a few Squier JMs have P90s and offsets are good sitting down guitars.
    The Scrambler-EE Walk soundcloud experience