SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB Gibson Olive Drab

What's Hot
Hi all,

Anyone got an olive drab LP Special, Classic, or SG for sale? Cheers!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Fretnot27Fretnot27 Frets: 0
    None?!
  • theatreanchortheatreanchor Frets: 1463
    It's only been a day. You might want to give it a bit more time.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • timmypixtimmypix Frets: 2400
    edited April 1
    Bear in mind that the guitars you've mentioned were either Gibson-direct or dealer exclusives and are all discontinued. The chances of one appearing within a day are very slim.

This hunt will probably take a few weeks, possibly months. I wish you the best of luck.
    Tim
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16103
    You're remit is pretty broad in terms of model /shape......you may do better finding the perfect guitar irrespective of colour and have it re-finished in drab green which seems to be the main driver
    you'd probably save money too
    Thanks for the comments guys. Gibson were selling olive drab LP Classics on the UK website last week - they sold out before I could get funds in order. I also missed an SG on here 2 weeks ago, and 1 on eBay. Hoping someone out there has buyers remorse!
  • RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3067
    edited April 1
    You’ve just missed an SG on eBay.    I wanted it badly but it was in Edinburgh (427 miles away from me) and I couldn’t  commit 1300 quid to a guitar without playing it first…
    RobDavies said:
    You’ve just missed an SG on eBay.    I wanted it badly but it was in Edinburgh (427 miles away from me) and I couldn’t  commit 1300 quid to a guitar without playing it first…
    Me too, Rob! The chap was also vague about shipping costs and maybe a tad dear given one went here for a couple of hundred less a couple of weeks ago. Good luck!