SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Dr Z Jaz 20/40 Head Red £900, 2 pairs of brand new JJ 6V6 valves £45ea - Celestion V-Type 16ohm £52

BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4840
edited April 5 in Amps £
Dr Z Jaz 20/40 head - in fetching red tolex! I'm really loathe to sell this because its red!!

This is a great sounding Dr Z amp, it's said to be many things, but what it actually is, is a Maz front end with a Remedy style power section. So it's that familiar Z Vox/Marshall/Fender blend with 40 watts of 6V6 power to blast it out with. It's actually quite flexible because you can get a loud or quiet clean tone, or a really loud or quiet broken tone, its almost a bit Tweed/Brown Panel and has a lovely tremolo, and decent spring reverb.

It is great but it was never quite the tone I was after, so I've picked up some other amps now which are more suitable. Still sad to see this go though, and it sounds great through the Z 2x10! Aside from some new added features, it's essentially a Z Lux in all but name.

I had to spend a bit when I got it to get this up to snuff, it was running hot hot hot. So it went to Chris at Rift who cooled the bias as per Dr Zs own advice, and fitted some new 6V6s, it's also had a new 12AX7 in V1. Chris gave it a thorough once over so you know it's all tip top, you'll see it and hear it in the video I've linked below. I'll include the old quad of 6V6s as spares, they're used but they'll get you out of a jam if they go down at a gig.

Has a handy 20/40w switch, comes complete with the original footswitch too.

Looking for £900.

Can ship this via Lenspeed for around £99+VAT, easily safer than a normal courier.

Rift Amps repair vid (scroll into the vid and it's there):

REM cover:

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4840
    JJ 6V6S valves - 2 matched pairs that are close enough to use as a quad I would think too.

These are brand new and never been used, they've been in the box since I got them as spares for the PT15. 

£45 a pair delivered, will do the quad for £80.

Celestion V-Type 16ohm, Suhrs choice of speaker for the Bella and Hombre. Great sounding and in excellent condition.

Just removed from a Marshall SV20 2x12 cab, used but never abused.

£52 delivered

Bump

Bump

Bump

Bump

Bump

Bump

Bump