NGD: Carvin JB200C Jason Becker Signature Model

What's Hot
NightswanNightswan Frets: 1492
Had been after one of these for ages as I'm a long term Jason Becker fan. He's a been a huge influence and inspiration to me...not that I can play anything like that guy!! I kept missing out on this model for one reason or another....almost had a deal struck with a guy about a year ago but he decided to hold onto it. Then fellow fretboard member @hassleham contacted me asking if I'd bought the one on Reverb? Told him I hadn't even seen it....he was kicking himself for not grabbing it as well. So I decided to set up a specific search alert on Ebay and Reverb for one and sure enough this one popped up a few weeks later I bought it immediately.

It's a very cool guitar. Pretty weighty for a superstrat. Alder body/wings, Neck Thru, Flame Maple Top, Birdseye Board, 25" scale, 
M22SD & M22V humbuckers with active electronics. A great little player.....neck is very slim....heading towards Ibanez Wizard territory for sure. Lots of tonal variety. There's an active or passive option, coil split and a phase switch. Pretty pleased with this one though I haven't spent too much time on it....was out on loan, came back and went out on loan again to a young 17 year old shredder friend of mine who is a massive Jason fan so it's his dream guitar and I was more than happy to let him borrow it.

0reaction image LOL 21reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Bennyboy-UKBennyboy-UK Frets: 1747
    Yeah that’s swish!

… and everyone knows blue guitars sound better!
    I'm always looking for interesting USA Hamers for sale.

At the moment I'm looking for:
    * Hamer Watson, SS2, Vintage S, T62.
    * Music Man Luke 1, Luke II

Please drop me a message.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • fastonebazfastonebaz Frets: 4165
    Very tasty
  • jasonbone75jasonbone75 Frets: 681
    Nice one Paul! This doesn't feel like NGD to me only because I knew you had it :) Jason Becker was massive for me growing up too. I loved the A Lil' Ain't Enough (DLR) stuff and still do to this day - just brilliant and tasteful. I was never too bothered either way about the Cacophany and instrumental stuff in spite of my own shreddy leanings but there was something about that Roth album...
  • JetfireJetfire Frets: 1702
    You always have the best finds!! 
  • NightswanNightswan Frets: 1492

… and everyone knows blue guitars sound better!
    Yep....it's the law!!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    @fastonebaz ; @Jetfire ; Rockin'....Thanks guys!!
    Nice one Paul! This doesn't feel like NGD to me only because I knew you had it :) Jason Becker was massive for me growing up too. I loved the A Lil' Ain't Enough (DLR) stuff and still do to this day - just brilliant and tasteful. I was never too bothered either way about the Cacophany and instrumental stuff in spite of my own shreddy leanings but there was something about that Roth album...
    Cheers Jason. I totally love the guy. I had tickets for that tour and then he got struck down with ALS....totally gutted for him. I still went to the gig but he was the only reason I bought the tickets for.

On the Lil Ain't Enough album: Yeah...I love it...very underrated. Jason went from the full on Neoclassical stuff of Cacophony and Perpetual Burn to a more bluesy EVH thing and he totally nailed it. I love his work on the Cacophony stuff....mind blowing at 17/18 years of age.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4379
    Very nice! 

Lovely top. 

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

• GassageGassage Frets: 31148
    Not something I'd seek personally but I can deffo see why you'd want it. Lovely.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• hasslehamhassleham Frets: 627
    That finish is absolutely incredible!! Definitely a lot better looking than the seller's photos on the ebay listing made it look.

I need more blue guitars now...
    @CHRISB50 ; @Gassage ; Cheers guys.

@hassleham: ; Yeah....sellers pics were not good. This was the only one on the Reverb ad:

• skullfunkerryskullfunkerry Frets: 4262
    Oh man, that is stunning! <3
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

Oh man, that is stunning! <3
    Cheers mate.
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 12513
    You seem to have the happy knack of seeking out and buying exceptional guitars.  Could you do my lottery numbers for me this evening please?!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Offset said:
    You seem to have the happy knack of seeking out and buying exceptional guitars.  Could you do my lottery numbers for me this evening please?!
     Lol!! Cheers. I do spend quite a bit of time browsing the online guitar market. I missed a few of these actually before snagging this one.
  • carloscarlos Frets: 3527
    That's perfect because it doesn't have the disgusting numbers on the fretboard :+1: 

carlos said:
    That's perfect because it doesn't have the disgusting numbers on the fretboard :+1: 

Agreed. I'm don't like those models either. I think the original one was a Peavey.
    That wood, in that colour, is just gorgeous.
    Cheers.
  • imalrightjackimalrightjack Frets: 3859
    Wow. That’s an absolute beast. Very cool. 
    Trading feedback info here

My band, Red For Dissent