SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: Gibson Custom Shop Axcess Standard (Stoptail)

DavusPGDavusPG Frets: 451
edited April 27 in Guitars £

Up for sale is my 2010 Les Paul Axcess. Made in the Gibson custom shop, this is a superb guitar and was my main gigging instrument for a number of years. Super resonant and very versatile, it's a joy to play with push/pull tone pots enabling coil splits to the Burstbucker pickups for additional tonal options.

For those not familiar with them, Gibson’s Axcess guitars were first made in the Nashville custom shop in 2008. Most of them had Floyd Rose trems, but they were also available with a traditional stoptail bridge like this one. Custom and Standard models were offered with some limited colour options too.

Whilst from the front it looks like any other Les Paul standard, from the back it's has two major differences. The first is a belly-contour, similar to on a Strat and the other is the sculpted contour at the neck heel, allowing for superb "axcess" to the upper frets without any bulky and uncomfortable edges getting in the way.

The other major difference with the Axcess is a chambered mahogany body, that's slightly thinner in depth than a typical Les Paul, making it super comfortable to play for extended periods when standing up. This one weighs 7.3lbs (3.3kg)

I bought this guitar in 2015, and when it came to me it already had a number of dings, a couple of which had been repaired, the worst being on the lower edge, but not visible from the front. I've photgraphed them as best I can. Whilst I've not added any significant dings of my own, if you're after a case queen then this isn't the guitar for you. If however you want a brilliant sounding Custom shop Les Paul that's super easy to play, then this could be your next guitar!

The previous owner upgraded the tailpiece to an ABM aluminium one and also added Gibson Historic pickup rings, poker chip and truss rod cover. All of the original parts are included in the sale, as is the pick guard which has never been installed, so as it stands no screw holes in the guitar.

Neck is what I'd describe as 60s slim taper.

Custom shop certificate, packing slip and original case are all present and correct.

Currently in standard tuning and sporting 10 - 46 strings, the guitar has just come back from Feline Guitars who treated the frets and electrics to some TLC, and also gave it a full setup so it plays like the proverbial ready for its new owner.

Looking for £2,700. No trades thank you.

Payment via Paypal (buyer pays fees, or FF if you're happy to do so) bank transfer or cash on collection. 

I'm based in Kent near Maidstone. Collection is preferred and I'm happy to travel up to 45 minutes to meet up. I work in London near Old St, so meeting near there is also an option. I have plenty of shipping boxes, packing materials and experience of sending guitars, so am equally happy to do that at the buyer's expense and choice of courier.

Lots more photos here:

https://imgur.com/a/crWk8fe

Cheers!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments