Can anyone help me date my 1970s 335?

What's Hot
BusheySiBusheySi Frets: 64
Serial number is 106139 with the 'Made in USA' stamp. I believe that makes it early 1970s but can anyone help be more specific?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• AlbertCAlbertC Frets: 951
    I would think some photos might help 
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14566
    tFB Trader
    That period is so inaccurate to date to a specific year  - A 6 digit number starting with 1 could cover 2/3/4 years - Pot dates can help in such circumstances but obviously a pain to see them on a 335 - Not all, but some Gibson Guitars have no dot on the i of the Gibson headstock logo but again that covers a 2-4 year period - 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4208
    I tend to find that low-pressure setups work best for first dates, something simple like a chat over a coffee, walk in the park, an art gallery etc...
    10reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72847
    Early 70s. Does it need to be more accurate than that?

If it really matters, look at the pot codes, since they’re a better guide than the serial number.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • BusheySiBusheySi Frets: 64
    ICBM said:
    Early 70s. Does it need to be more accurate than that?

If it really matters, look at the pot codes, since they’re a better guide than the serial number.
    I'm looking to sell it, or at least exchange it against a newer, less valuable 335, so need to refresh the details. I've had it about 15 years, I seem to remember it was 1971 but couldn't remember why I believed that.