NGD Honey Bear

What's Hot
tone1tone1 Frets: 5169
edited April 7 in Guitar
Following on from my Les Paul WTB post….I took the plunge and picked up this Honeyburst Gibson Les Paul Standard from the year 2000. It’s pretty much stock, other than a replacement bridge due to the old one corroding apparently….it’s my 3rd Les Paul, as I’d had a gecko burst and the wonderful Navigator Goldtop that now resides with @Aidanspaghetti ;;;;;;;

I really wanted an R8/9 but this will do very nicely until something outrageous turns up uninvited  

more pics later, but my iPhone camera is jiggered and all shaky…. @pumkin is this picture better Pete? 

Edit….has anyone got a cream Pickguard and bracket thingy I can leave in the case? Give me a shout if you have please…

https://i.imgur.com/zGdBMyR.jpeg

https://i.imgur.com/y0DJItQ.jpeg
0reaction image LOL 11reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7775
    Nice burst, Latte Sunrise I'd venture
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5169
    Thanks @Winny_Pooh was that an option in 2000? It looks more honey in real life but I’d love a definitive colour 
  • timmypixtimmypix Frets: 2402
    Absolutely stunning, about as classy as a Les Paul can get, IMO. Definitely honey, the Latte Creme burst was a) paler, and b) didn't come in til a couple of years later, I think it was only 2003-2005/6.
    Tim
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • KrisGeeKrisGee Frets: 1297
    My fave kind of top on an LP. Congrats. 
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4310
    That's a really lovely colour of burst.

Hope you enjoy the guitar.

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

• OffsetOffset Frets: 11824
    When I saw this thread title I immediately thought of one of these scrappy little blighters:

The Fearless and Fierce Honey Badger Natures Most Tenacious Creature  by  Thomas Crane  Medium
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I should have called it the ‘Honey Monster’… =)
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28426
    Offset said:
    When I saw this thread title I immediately thought of one of these scrappy little blighters:

The Fearless and Fierce Honey Badger Natures Most Tenacious Creature  by  Thomas Crane  Medium
    If you hold one of those like a guitar and tickle its tummy it makes a noise just like a guitar. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 11824
    ^^ After you - and make sure you post the video :-)
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18829
    Offset said:

That's the very badger.
  • NerineNerine Frets: 2170
    KrisGee said:
    My fave kind of top on an LP. Congrats. 
    Weird. Apparently everyone hates them on the new “Jessica” Slash sig… 

I’m with you, though. I like a plain top on a Les Paul. Flames and quilts look gaudy and chintzy IMO. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • CavemanGroggCavemanGrogg Frets: 3021
    edited April 12
    tone1 said:
    Following on from my Les Paul WTB post….I took the plunge and picked up this Honeyburst Gibson Les Paul Standard from the year 2000. It’s pretty much stock, other than a replacement bridge due to the old one corroding apparently….it’s my 3rd Les Paul, as I’d had a gecko burst and the wonderful Navigator Goldtop that now resides with @Aidanspaghetti ;;;;;;;;;

I really wanted an R8/9 but this will do very nicely until something outrageous turns up uninvited  

more pics later, but my iPhone camera is jiggered and all shaky…. @pumkin is this picture better Pete? 

Edit….has anyone got a cream Pickguard and bracket thingy I can leave in the case? Give me a shout if you have please…

https://i.imgur.com/zGdBMyR.jpeg

https://i.imgur.com/y0DJItQ.jpeg

That's the exact same colour as an Epiphone ES 335 Pro that I'm selling - this is the exact colour though not my photo or guitar, and both Gibson as well as Epiphone - see the link I posted, describes the colour as ''Iced Tea Sunburst''.
  • Ooooh! Lovely stuff @tone1 .. Ive been on a big Warren Haynes trip lately so loving the idea of a plain top! Still mad for the Navis =)
    Enjoy that lovely guitar!
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4842
    Lovely, HNGD!

That top looks a lot like my standard from 99 which is also plain but has a few interesting highlights like a hint of flame and some other imperfections.

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.

edited April 26
    I’ve just fitted a lightly aged Faber tailpiece from Jonathan @FelineGuitars via Reverb (after he convinced me the cheaper option of the lightly aged Vs the heavily aged option)….it arrived today in super quick time, so I restrung top wrapped….and it’s blooming marvellous….It still weighs more than Northern Canada but I only play sitting down (thank God) 

edit….I’m not sure what convinced Gibson to fit a tailpiece made of recycled scrap metal!