Anyone use a Tech 21 Fly Rig Acoustic?

koss59koss59 Frets: 849
edited April 10 in Acoustics
I’ve been using my normal fly rig on my acoustic to pretty good results and wondered if anyone had the acoustic one and what they think?

I like the small size and the features it has seem better suited to what I’m after than other ones.
Facebook.com/nashvillesounduk/
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ScreamingDaveScreamingDave Frets: 553
    Just out of interest, what are you using it for?   It always  seems to me that, for home use, an acoustic guitar is plenty loud enough, and for performance the Fly won’t be loud enough ….
  • koss59koss59 Frets: 849
    Sorry I should have Tech 21 Flyrig.
    Its for adding more reverb, Delay and having a boost and eq options. 
    Facebook.com/nashvillesounduk/
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5401
    @ScreamingDave A Fly Rig (compressor, sans amp, basic FX on a floor unit) rather than Blackstar Fly
  • TheBigDipperTheBigDipper Frets: 4801
    I owned and used a FlyRig Acoustic for several years. I only sold it a few months ago. I liked it and thought it did what it was intended to do really well. I used it at open mics. Small, light, fitted into the external pouch on my gigbag.

I thought the compressor was a bit noisy at more squishy settings, but liked everything else. IIRC, you could run it off phantom power. I've also run it from a Harley Benton power bank. Light compression plus chorus gave a reasonable 12-string effect, I thought. 

I started using the effects less and less, though, and switched back to my K&K preamp (no effects) instead.