Just spotted some good deals at Andertons

What's Hot
1234568»

Comments

• keithfkeithf Frets: 372
    edited October 2014

if anyone decides to move one on,(the Floyd one) get in touch please.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DeeTeeDeeTee Frets: 764
    I'm deeply jealous of anyone who got one. If anyone wants rid of a hardtail, do keep me in mind!
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7202
    keithf said:

Will do.

£300 right?

;)
    Guitar Bomb & Nembrini Audio Summer Giveaway 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • EdGripEdGrip Frets: 736
    Wow! That looks about a million times better in your photos! I like the grey binding!
    Cor. If I liked Floyd Roses and EMGses and metal and stuff, that would basically be my ideal guitar. 

Well played, old son. 

Very well played. 
  • Wish i'd bought 3 now
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2915
    Think some one did but not Wez V
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I'm playing Reeves Gabrels stuff on mine.

Might just have to 'Brown Dog' this thing!
  • stonevibe said:
    keithf said:

Will do.

£300 right?

;)
    That's still be a bargain!

How are you finding it so far?
  • Being used to passive pups, i'm seriously loving the added sustain from these EMG actives
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16945
    edited October 2014
    blueskunk said:
    Think some one did but not Wez V
    I am seriously happy for anyone who got a good deal.  You guys know me.  I am not generally a dick and i expect that to be taken into consideration when reading my posts

when someone on my facebook said it was all over forums that the deal I had posted there was bad, the first thing I did was tell them I thought they were wrong, but I would ask.  Its exactly what i did.  I have since gone back to those people and told them they were wrong thanks to @markGAK for answering the question, and the rest of you who have had positive NGD's

if ever any of you see some shit written about me on another forum please do me a favour, post it here and get my input!  you will get a completely transparent answers

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 8reaction image Wisdom
    stonevibe said:
    keithf said:

Will do.

£300 right?

;)

Ridiculously great guitar and worth a hell of  a lot more than what we all payed for them.

Sustain is pretty much forever and the neck is great, really comfortable, smooth etc.

The finish on mine is spotless and the whole build quality is excellent. The tuning is rock solid and the Floyd is very nice.

I like the simple 'one knob & a switch' control layout as I prefer to keep stuff simple on guitars like these. As chances are I would never use a tone control with EMG pickups anyway.

It is a very 'Halloween' guitar in the matt black and reminds me of something Robert Smith would play (if he was a bit more 'industrial' perhaps...)

At the money it cost it'll be well worth modding it.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2915
    Congrats peeps, good vibes all round :)

Get some scary vid riffs up ;)
  • stonevibe said:
    stonevibe said:
    keithf said:

Will do.

£300 right?

;)

Ridiculously great guitar and worth a hell of  a lot more than what we all payed for them.

Sustain is pretty much forever and the neck is great, really comfortable, smooth etc.

The finish on mine is spotless and the whole build quality is excellent. The tuning is rock solid and the Floyd is very nice.

I like the simple 'one knob & a switch' control layout as I prefer to keep stuff simple on guitars like these. As chances are I would never use a tone control with EMG pickups anyway.

It is a very 'Halloween' guitar in the matt black and reminds me of something Robert Smith would play (if he was a bit more 'industrial' perhaps...)

At the money it cost it'll be well worth modding it.

Awesome, colour me jealous :)

It's a cracking looking thing, way nicer than the 'promo' photos suggests! EMG's are great pickups, underrated in this "boutique" craze of today.  The standard 81/85 set is not amazingly versatile, but they do sound great. 
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 12093

EMGs are great, but are not the answer to everything. I always laugh when people call them "sterile". I assume they mean "not as distorted and coloured". From what I can gather from online demos, and forums, those who usually call them sterile are driving them into extremely high gain overdriven metal amps. I assume the issue is more about where resonant frequencies lie and the effective EQ that varies between pickups.

I never used to have actives, but now about 30-35% of my electrics have EMGs fitted

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17873
    tFB Trader
    I think when people are calling them sterile it's usually because they struggle to get good clean tones out of them.

I've never played anything with EMGs where I could get a decent clean tone. This may of course just be my inability to dial them in.
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 12093
    edited October 2014

I found them extremely good for clean tones, which is what I normally play in. I am talking the single coils though, SAs and the 89 set to single coil mode. Even better with the EQ, DG20 style like the red strat on Shine on you....

I have some Steinbergers with 81/85 in, but with bass-style bass/treble EQ and a piezo

They are very good for cleans with judicious EQ-ing

• Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    I think the thing with EMG's is they can often lack dynamics. Certainly whenever I've played guitars with them in, I've felt the clean tones were either 100% clean or 100% bitey, and little in between.

I like my EMG's in my bass though, so go figure!
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17873
    tFB Trader
    I haven't tried any SC EMGs. 

I tried a guitar with an 81/85 set in it and it seemed to be a bit lacking in dynamics and sparkle. I think it would have been OK for a chorused Metallica clean bit, but not for funky clean bits.