Inbound NGD

What's Hot
spev11spev11 Frets: 419
having sworn off buying any guitars a MIM player strat in inca silver popped up on Reverb for what I thought was a too good to miss bargain, £499 for a new ( old stock from 2020). The lovely people at www.coda-music.com are prepping it and getting it out to me for Friday. 
the only things I might change are the pickguard ( not a fan of the white) and the bent steel saddles ( again not a fan, prefer solid ones)
Here's a pic from the add just in case no one knows what a silver strat looks like  ;)

0reaction image LOL 10reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• OffsetOffset Frets: 12521
    That's a seriously good price - rude not to.  Looking forward to the review :-)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9831
    Looks really nice as is. White on Inca silver looks great in the picture. Great price too. Enjoy.
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
  • spev11spev11 Frets: 419
    HAL9000 said:
    Looks really nice as is. White on Inca silver looks great in the picture. Great price too. Enjoy.
    i'll try and live with it for a bit but i'm not a fan of white pickguards ( or white stuff in general, i'm a bike mechanic so anything lighter than black gets oily really quick  =)  )
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14794
    Black/white/black plastic parts would make your guitar resemble the twenty fifth anniversary model. That should greatly reduce the likelihood of theft! ;)

Grey Pearlescent would look posh. 

I have a grey crushed glass effect 'guard stashed away somewhere. That would look rather tasty.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • KrisGeeKrisGee Frets: 1333
    Nice. They're great guitars, love the neck on them. 
  • RichACRichAC Frets: 744
    I vote for a black scratchplate and knobs.
  • MooseAbootMooseAboot Frets: 10
    very nice.
    out of interest - which saddles will you replace with?
  • hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4309
    Wow that’s lovely ,congratulations
    very nice.
    out of interest - which saddles will you replace with?
    not sure, last one I put steel on there, i've seen some chrome plated brass. I'll try it first, get annoyed that the saddle is sticking in my palm and next string change whip em off , its how it usually goes.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    RichAC said:
    I vote for a black scratchplate and knobs.
    I shall get the bing AI image creator to knock up some examples and see what looks best
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2957
    Another vote for black plastics! A subtle mint green might look cool too. Not a fan of plain white plastics on anything, reminds me of kitchen appliances.

not sure why it's smoking a cigar but that looks better to me, bet I can't find what looks to be black marble though (I asked for Black Pearl)
    OIG4.jpeg 131.8K
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SvartmetallSvartmetall Frets: 738
    spev11 said: i'll try and live with it for a bit but i'm not a fan of white pickguards ( or white stuff in general, i'm a bike mechanic so anything lighter than black gets oily really quick  =)  )
    That would look awesome with all-black plastics (IMHO white pickup covers on black pickguards just looks awful and tacky, and I say that as a huge fan of Gilmour's playing) :) 
  • guitarblasterguitarblaster Frets: 387
    edited April 11
    Looks slick, inca silver is one my favourites! I like it how it is with the white plastics … I have an Inca silver strat with a tort guard and white plastics - looks great to me! 

It's arrived and its lovely, thank you to the lovely people at Coda for an absolute bargain, perfectly set up as well. I've gone from not liking strats to loving them. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • chris78chris78 Frets: 9614
    Love inca silver- it’s wonderfully understated.
    It was a pre cbs colour so you could definitely go with a mint green scratchplate if you wanted to go vintage 
  • GoFishGoFish Frets: 1565
    HNGD and what a stunner it is. Woo-hoo!
    Ten years too late and still getting it wrong
    I've been playing it non stop for the last 3 hours, everything is fab as is with the exception of the saddles but I'll live with that until the next string swap, then to decide whether to change the saddles or the entire bridge ( I do fancy a vegatrem)
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NeilybobNeilybob Frets: 856
    Looks amazing Spev. 

I think it would be cool with a brushed silver picks guard like this 
    https://www.armstrongmusic.co.uk/products/old-style-11-hole-strat-brushed-silver-simulated

• WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5518
    Oh man, I nearly bought that one but I just can’t have anything new coming in rn. Congrats! What is the weight, out of curiosity? Coda didn’t do a scale pic with this one!