Anybody own/played a Yamaha Pacifica 611?

What's Hot
Hi people of the fretboard, has anyone got or played one? I'm thinking about buying one unplayed cos I don't know of anywhere nearby that's stocks them, heard good things about them but if anyone has any hands on good or bad experience with them it would be great to hear from you, if u can save me from the GAS then even better- Iv just put a guitar I love up on the classifieds so I need help
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3420
    I've been interested in them for a long time but have never seen one in a store or met anyone who has one. I got to play a 311 a few weeks ago and thought the neck was quite skinny.
    if the 611 has a similar neck then its far too thin for my tastes.
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2389
    Never played one, but from what I hear the nut width is very narrow. Probably worth bearing in mind if you like wider necks.
  • They are fantastic guitars but yes the necks are as skinny as the regular Pacifica necks, but I like them, fast and easy to play. It's a quality guitar.
  • ChuffolaChuffola Frets: 2035
    Adam_MD - Dawsons in Bangor has a Trans Purple 611 just now. 

It's a thing of beauty.
    Chuffola;37790" said:
    Adam_MD - Dawsons in Bangor has a Trans Purple 611 just now. 

It's a thing of beauty.
    If I hadn't played a 311 a few weeks ago I'd have gone there tomorrow. As it is I'm 99% sure I won't like the skinny neck. I'm just happy I didn't buy one blind on ebay a few months ago.

Having said that though I'm sure ill pop in sometime next week just to see. I was beginning to think they were an elaborate hoax :-)
  • That's good to know about the neck, I was under the impression it was fatter than the standard pacificas but if its anything like that its gonna be too skinny. That's one thing I love about the mascis squier I was thinking of letting go of- the neck is quite chunky but not massive. Hmm u might have cured my gas for now!
  • It's only the width the 611 has more depth than the 311 its also finished whereas the 311 is almost bare
  • Gas is returning. Dag nam it
    grungebob said:
    It's only the width the 611 has more depth than the 311 its also finished whereas the 311 is almost bare

jimboflojo;37824" said:
    Gas is returning. Dag nam it

grungebob said:

It's only the width the 611 has more depth than the 311 its also finished whereas the 311 is almost bare
    Feck if the necks a bit fatter I'll certainly have a look. I'm almost certain to be in Dawsons in Bangor on Saturday afternoon to check out the purple one. Definitely wouldn't buy one new though the hit I'd take if/when I moved it on would be too high.
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9811
    I own a 311H which is the 611's plain sister. Yes, it has got a narrow fingerboard which I've never found a problem though I can understand that some people wouldn't like it. It also has quite a flat radius (14" if I remember correctly). If anything I actually prefer it to the 9.5" radius on my Telecaster. I bought it to give me a different range of sounds than I can get from the Tele and it certainly delivers. If I suddenly came across a few hundred pounds that I was previously unaware of lying in the corner I'd buy a 611 tomorrow. Personally, I'm not worried about it losing value as I tend to keep my guitars for years and I certainly don't see myself moving it on anytime soon.
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
  • My 611HFM is my goto guitar, having the P90 in the neck, the HB in the bridge and the HB splits makes it very versatile. I like the neck, but thats a real personal thing. The finish is excelIent, it comes with good locking tuners and graphtech saddles. The setup out the box was spot on too. I think Yamaha makes some really good quality and good value guitars.
    I got my 611 when Yamaha were throwing in a THR10, I already had a THR10 so sold the extra one for £200 which meant the guitar only cost me £280 absolute bargain.
    I'm in Kent your welcome (if practical) to come and try it :)

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DLMDLM Frets: 2513
    Wow, what a deal!