jeff and his historic music store. music inn world instruments.

racefaceec90racefaceec90 Frets: 1006
i like cake :-) here's my youtube channel   https://www.youtube.com/user/racefaceec90 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SlopeSoarerSlopeSoarer Frets: 855
    Yeah a nice watch.

It sorted of reminds me of the video of Elbow's 'New York Morning', relaying Lois and Dennis's story.

Ordinary people with fascinating pasts.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7181
    Nice find
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14498
    tFB Trader
    That is interesting in so many ways - Certainly 'old school' with a touch of an Aladdin's Cave and/or Steptoe's yard about it - Certainly curiosity - Sadly such stores are a dying trend 
  • Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2417
    I was in there a couple of years back, like stepping back in time. The old guy was sat outside strumming an acoustic, he told me to go in and have a look round....stayed where he was and never moved. Bizarre...quite literally, Shops like this are what sets NY apart from the corporate dross that is London these days. Such a crazy central location too. Carmine St guitars are at the next block and the Blue Note and Cafe Wha just across the road. 
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14498
    tFB Trader
    Strat54 said:
    I was in there a couple of years back, like stepping back in time. The old guy was sat outside strumming an acoustic, he told me to go in and have a look round....stayed where he was and never moved. Bizarre...quite literally, Shops like this are what sets NY apart from the corporate dross that is London these days. Such a crazy central location too. Carmine St guitars are at the next block and the Blue Note and Cafe Wha just across the road. 
    Sure that it is this shop that has no web site either and no interest in starting one - Come and see us approach or leave it alone and we are not bothered
  • CaseOfAceCaseOfAce Frets: 1381
    Strat54 said:
    you are surely not alluding to the Gibson Garage above?! You'll get lynched on here for saying that !

It's amazing that you can still find these backstreet guitar stores. I remember years ago stumbling upon one such place in Los Angeles. Guy shot the breeze with me for half an hour, let me play his dog eared tele (not for sale) whilst behind me on the floor sat 60 and 70s Fender amps covered with a layer of dust.
    ...she's got Dickie Davies eyes...