I don't know whether to follow or block this youtuber....

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 7962
    Kayla is awesome, I’ve been watching her videos for a while. 

She really gets the vibe and excitement in the playing right on her Dime covers. I legit prefer some of her takes to those I’ve heard on live videos from Zakk 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • lustycourtierlustycourtier Frets: 3337

She really gets the vibe and excitement in the playing right on her Dime covers. I legit prefer some of her takes to those I’ve heard on live videos from Zakk 
    Have you seen the vids where shes with Zakks tech stage side? Wonderful, but as a huge Pantera fan, I agree Id rather her be playing than him
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GoFishGoFish Frets: 1425
    merlin said:
    GoFish said:
    Thin is, with Youtube, there will always be someone more annoying.
    Provided there enough intolerant people who harbour dislike of others....    

Hey! I resemble that remark ;)
    Ten years too late and still getting it wrong
  • LionAquaLooperLionAquaLooper Frets: 1126

Have you seen the vids where shes with Zakks tech stage side? Wonderful, but as a huge Pantera fan, I agree Id rather her be playing than him
    Yes I saw that.  When Pantera reformed I was actually relieved Zakk was the replacement.  I can't actually think of any other guitarist these days who can match Dimebag's "i don't give a fk" attitude, age, stage presence and appearance, while also matching him skills wise.  Zakk isn't the perfect replacement but I can't think of anyone else who comes close to fitting the Pantera mould.  Happy to be corrected on that though.

I've more of a problem with them replacing Vinnie Paul with Charlie Benante.  For me, Gene Hoglan would have been perfect.  
  • KurtisKurtis Frets: 676
    edited April 15
    Smiling while playing a Dimebag solo like it's nothing.  The arrogance   She's not even looking at the fretboard most of the time.  She staring at the viewer as if to say "piece of cake". 

I've been playing guitar a long time and I still can't nail that solo even while looking at the fretboard lol

Tbh being able to play something complex without looking at the fretboard isn't really something I look for in a guitar player.

If this was just audio would anyone care? 
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23004
    Kurtis said:
    That's a tough question to answer.  If the whole of YouTube was just audio would anyone care?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • KurtisKurtis Frets: 676
    edited April 15
    Philly_Q said:
    Kurtis said:
    That's a tough question to answer.  If the whole of YouTube was just audio would anyone care?
    I think sometimes what you see is important, sometimes it's just a nice addition. With this particular video I'd say what you see is as, and probably more, important, or impressive, to what you hear.

That's the opposite really to what I personally want from "music". Assuming the guitar is to be considered a musical instrument.

EDIT not saying I'm right or wrong, just my personal opinion. 
  • jasonbone75jasonbone75 Frets: 642
    LionAquaLooper said:
    I've more of a problem with them replacing Vinnie Paul with Charlie Benante.  For me, Gene Hoglan would have been perfect.  

Ooh I hadn't ever thought of that and now you mention it - hellyeah* wouldn't he just be ideal!?

* - insider Vinnie Paul reference right there
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • slackerslacker Frets: 2248
    DefaultM said:
    GoFish said:
    DefaultM said:
    Block her because she does blow job eyes the entire way through every single one of her videos and it's incredibly awkward.

plz explain.
    She popped up in my Youtube shorts maybe a year or 2 ago and I thought wow she's really really good and it's nice she doesn't feel like she has to have a low cut top etc she's just playing.
    Then I showed my wife and the first thing she said was why is she looking at me like she's blowing me? Now I can't unsee it and it makes me feel very uncomfortable.
    I watched a video and the advert was for paintball safety glasses. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23004
    OK, apologies for resurrecting this thread, but this video made me laugh, several times.  She's cool.

• LionAquaLooperLionAquaLooper Frets: 1126
    Bloody hell she ruined that Kramer at the end  :o

She's definitely upping her video editing game. Loads more cutaway scenes in this video than her other ones. 

Personally I can't stand Kramer guitars. But respect to her for loving that brand since she was just starting out and not deviating, no matter how much more popular other brands are and what others may think of her choice.