Thought I'd mix it up a bit...

The only easy day, was yesterday...
0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• mankytommankytom Frets: 290
    Love it.. how do they play? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • skullfunkerryskullfunkerry Frets: 4263
    Nice! I used to have black strings on my guitars when I was gigging. Where did you get them from? Last time I looked I couldn’t find any coloured coatings.
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

• KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 19429
    Looking great  :)  Are they DR Neon's?
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14834
    tFB Trader
    Any one remember Nashville Straight’s - sold in a long straight package (so as the strings stayed straight and not coiled)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14794
    Any one remember Nashville Straights - sold in a long straight package (so as the strings stayed straight and not coiled)?
    Yes. I am that old.

I only recall them being Phosphor Bronze for acoustic guitars.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6888
    mankytom said:
    Love it.. how do they play? 
    To be honest I like the sound and feel of them, I had a few packs of the DR black beauties and used those up, gave these a go, and whilst they sound the same the plain string coating literally disintegrated within the hour, to the point the high e was like a sitar haha. 

Its a common complaint. I wish they'd make the coating stick. 

Nice! I used to have black strings on my guitars when I was gigging. Where did you get them from? Last time I looked I couldn’t find any coloured coatings.
    Yeah DR Neon's these were, Thomann stock the Black Beauties and sometimes Andertons, if not the rest are on Amazon, sold and fulfilled by Amazon so should be legit. 

Looking great  :)  Are they DR Neon's?
    They are indeed!
    The only easy day, was yesterday...
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 11145
    tFB Trader
    I tried a Black Beauty black 7 string set .... awful sound and the coating came off on five minutes. They seemed to have really low tension to the point they buggered my Ibanez's action up ... and strangely for coated strings, WAY too much scratchy treble. Of course this may have been just the black ones ... but it really put me off DRs  
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

• TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 8154
    I tried a Black Beauty black 7 string set .... awful sound and the coating came off on five minutes. They seemed to have really low tension to the point they buggered my Ibanez's action up ... and strangely for coated strings, WAY too much scratchy treble. Of course this may have been just the black ones ... but it really put me off DRs  
    Try the DR Pure Blues.  Great (uncoated) strings 
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 11145
    tFB Trader
    TheMarlin said:
    Try the DR Pure Blues.  Great (uncoated) strings 
    Will give em a whirl ... 
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

• MusicwolfMusicwolf Frets: 3726
    Any one remember Nashville Straight’s - sold in a long straight package (so as the strings stayed straight and not coiled)
    I never tried a set, but I do recall them being advertised in whichever music related publication I was reading at that time (International Musician and Recording World?).

• SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7129
    tFB Trader
    Nice! I used to have black strings on my guitars when I was gigging.
    You should have changed them more often
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AlterlifesonAlterlifeson Frets: 484
    Nice! I used to have black strings on my guitars when I was gigging.
    You should have changed them more often
    I too have some rust coloured stings on an acoustic. Really pleased with how they are finally starting to naturally relic. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom