Saddle height screw undoing itself

AJSAJS Frets: 43

I have a number of guitars and basses and this is a problem I have never come across before. 

While I am playing one of my basses one of the saddle height adjustment screws is undoing itself presumably because of the vibrations.

I did a gig two weeks ago and after 45 minutes of playing  one of the screws had vibrated back into the saddle meaning the low E string was unplayable due to the fret rattle.

Do I need a new saddle or can it be cured?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14515
    ICBM usually suggests adjusting the saddle height, then, applying a drop of Loctite Threadlocker. This comes in several strengths. Try the blue Normal first. 
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • AJSAJS Frets: 43
    How does the loctite run down the thread ?
    or do you just put a drop on the top of the screw?
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72506
    Yes, it will run down the thread if you put a drop on the top. If you don't have threadlock, you can use clear nail varnish or (preferably cheap - it's not as permanent) superglue. It's best to put some kitchen roll around the bridge while you do it in case of drips.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• AJSAJS Frets: 43
    Thanks for that 1 will try the loctite blue