Personal taste can be confusing sometimes ;O)

What's Hot
Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7922

There are a number of things about this I wouldn't choose to have as part of a guitar, but for reasons I can't explain I would quite like to own it :)

httpsrvb-imgreverbcomimageuploads--WMouVyY1--f_autot_supersizev1712308690v8ua6eraztscgnt1hkgwjpg

"I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
0reaction image LOL 8reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TanninTannin Frets: 5643
    Oh yes. Yes, yes, yes! It's so bad it's very, very good. 

(I knew a girl like that once.)

(Thank god I didn't marry her. Or maybe I should have. Who can say?)

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7125
    tFB Trader
    It would style well with a space suit. I like it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Love it! What is it? Style reminds me of an Italia, but don't think that's what's on the head stock?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7922
    edited April 12
    Love it! What is it? Style reminds me of an Italia, but don't think that's what's on the head stock?

Eastwood Bill Nelson Astroluxe Cadet - it says Bill Nelson on the headstock.
  • Cool, thanks. :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

I'll tell you more when it gets here ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • goldtopgoldtop Frets: 6308
    I like it in the same way I'd like a White Falcon - to hang on the wall and look at.
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8040
    Paul_C said:

There are a number of things about this I wouldn't choose to have as part of a guitar, but for reasons I can't explain I would quite like to own it :)

httpsrvb-imgreverbcomimageuploads--WMouVyY1--f_autot_supersizev1712308690v8ua6eraztscgnt1hkgwjpg

Love it!!!

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

• GoFishGoFish Frets: 1546
    Yes.
    Ten years too late and still getting it wrong
  • SlopeSoarerSlopeSoarer Frets: 861
    Great looking guitar and a great guitarist!
  • KurtisKurtis Frets: 837
     :# 
  • PabcranePabcrane Frets: 491
    edited April 13
    I know what you mean; there are a few things I wouldn't choose normally but despite that (or maybe because of that!) the whole guitar looks fab!

I can't wait to see what you think of it when it arrives.

I'm not sure who Bill is but I'll have to check him out.

Edit: posting error
    Pabcrane said:
    I know what you mean; there are a few things I wouldn't choose normally but despite that (or maybe because of that!) the whole guitar looks fab!

I can't wait to see what you think of it when it arrives.

I'm not sure who Bill is but I'll have to check him out.

• KevSKevS Frets: 512
    edited April 14
    Be Bop Deluxe Rule..One of my guitar heroes..Not into his later synth stuff..I love the fact he played the crap ut of the guitar effortlessly,but his music wasn't heavy..I love Sabbath etc,but Be Bop Deluxe were different..

• Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2353
    That is damn cool.

First thoughts:

Despite being sold as used it's brand new, not a mark or even the tiniest sign of it having been played, and there was plastic still on the pickups.

The middle pickup is tipped to one side so I'll have to add a little sponge to straighten it up.

The knobs appear to be vol/tone for neck and bridge pickups plus an extra vol pot like a Gretsch - not sure how the middle pickup is added (and the middle position is brighter than either of the other two) so I'll have to go and look.

The neck is both narrow and thin (so side to side and front to back) but as I have fairly small hands it's not uncomfortable.

I like it :)
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Paul_C said:

First thoughts:

Despite being sold as used it's brand new, not a mark or even the tiniest sign of it having been played, and there was plastic still on the pickups.

The middle pickup is tipped to one side so I'll have to add a little sponge to straighten it up.

The knobs appear to be vol/tone for neck and bridge pickups plus an extra vol pot like a Gretsch - not sure how the middle pickup is added (and the middle position is brighter than either of the other two) so I'll have to go and look.

The neck is both narrow and thin (so side to side and front to back) but as I have fairly small hands it's not uncomfortable.

I like it :)

Update: The neck pickup stopped working, but a quick spray with Servisol sorted it. 

The website says that there are three vol. and one tone (with a five-way switch) but this one is definitely two vol. two tone and the switch is a three-way which adds the middle pickup to the other two in the middle position, but I think it's out of phase with the other two, which is why it sounds quiet.

I'm going to reverse the middle pickup wiring tomorrow and see what happens :) 

I could change it to how it's "supposed" to be, but it's a lot of work and I'm not sure I can be arsed.

• OffsetOffset Frets: 12513
    Huge Bill fan back in BBD days and I think that's pretty cool.  I always associate Bill with a Gibson semi but somehow this suits the cut of his jib.
  • SporkySporky Frets: 29146
    Paul_C said:

The shop got that the wrong way around then! 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 12513
    Hoooooold the front page - this guitar isn't Telecaster-shaped.  Are you running a fever?