NBD: Vox teardrop content

What's Hot
TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3230
edited April 12 in Bass
So this turned up this afternoon:

It’s a Vox VBW3000, caught my attention a few weeks back and well…gas! :lol: 

Came straight from Vox/korg and was spot on straight out of the box. Smallest bass neck I’ve ever encountered, so I’m hoping I don’t have another flair up of the tendonitis or whatever that was the past few years. Sounds great, cracking tone and lots of fun to play. Oh and hangs perfectly, great balance. 

I need to take some decent photos so hopefully can get away with a few from the seller. 

Apparently it’s the only one over here (seem to be a Japanese market run), so a tad unusual too. 
0reaction image LOL 9reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72500
    That is super cool. As a lover of small bass necks I approve :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6095
    ICBM said:
    Agreed. I don't know why they seem to have fallen from favour, they're a joy to play. That looks very similar to the Hofner neck which has 14mm string spacing. Happy New Bass Day!
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3230
    JezWynd said:
    ICBM said:
    Agreed. I don't know why they seem to have fallen from favour, they're a joy to play. That looks very similar to the Hofner neck which has 14mm string spacing. Happy New Bass Day!
    Thanks guys. I’ll have to measure the string spacing later, but it’s something like a 35mm nut -reminded me of a mandolin or bazouki. I’ve a modern hofner ignition bass which is the opposite, they’ve gone chunky on that run, but most of those specs are aimed at the modern audience. This however, is firmly in the camp of being its owns thing. 
  • GoFishGoFish Frets: 1427
    What a pretty lil thing. HNBD!
    Ten years too late and still getting it wrong
    Thanks @GoFish.

My only thing against it is the case is moulting and there’s tiny little threads all over the bass. Hoover and anti-static wipes I guess are the order of things.
  • GoFishGoFish Frets: 1427
    It doesn't sound like the case will get better in time. You'll just have to keep it out and play it daily. :)
    Ten years too late and still getting it wrong
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2360
    That's awesome  =)
    Dave_Mc said: as
    That's awesome  =)
    Thanks Dave, it is that. 

I’ve spent most of the weekend’s quiet moments on it. Flatwounds still need to be ordered, but it’s lovely as it is. Highly recommend one of these if anyone is after a slightly different bass. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom