Furch/Eastman

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• AirmilesAirmiles Frets: 41
    Glad you got a good result! 
    That mirrors my experience at Richard's - super helpful and no pressure.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2360
    Shadow said:
    That's a great choice. I loved everything about the E10-00 apart from the chunky neck. I actually ended up taking a punt on the Auden Emily Rose Neo (Neo is their no frills range) and I like it a lot. The neck is fairly substantial but not like the Eastmans. It's got a softer tone thanks to the cedar top and as you say, a surprising amount of bass for the size.
    Good buy!  The Emily Rose really stood out.  I was tempted because of the electronics as well that looked good although the cedar one had top mounted controls, but I prefer non-permanent options.  I think I moved on from the cedar one mainly because of that.   The Mahogany was its own thing, the cedar would cover more ground. 

The neo’s are an absolute bargain.  The Dowina parlour sounded like a toy in comparison, but appreciate some people like the boxy parlour tone.  The Auden’s didn’t have a trace of that.
    I preferred the Emily Rose to the Eastman Parlour.

If I was gigging acoustic I would have gone for the Emily Rose.  Let me know how the electronics sound if you have them on yours.

The Dowina parlours are very small aren't they? I don't really like that boxy tone either, I haven't tried the Dowina version but (and I realise I've said this before) I really wanted to like the teeny Faith Mercury, but couldn't get past its really middy tone. I tried several of them, too, in different ranges and they all seemed to be the same.

Audens are a good call too, I've never been able to try them, but they seem to have a really good rep.
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4724
    Dave_Mc said:
    Shadow said:

The Dowina parlours are very small aren't they? I don't really like that boxy tone either, I haven't tried the Dowina version but (and I realise I've said this before) I really wanted to like the teeny Faith Mercury, but couldn't get past its really middy tone. I tried several of them, too, in different ranges and they all seemed to be the same.

Audens are a good call too, I've never been able to try them, but they seem to have a really good rep.
    Yes they are very small.  The Auden's are bigger and a bit deeper but still small guitars and parlour size.

The Auden parlour sounded bigger and more robust than the Dowina OM imo.  

• TanninTannin Frets: 5499
    I have played exactly one Auden, a parlour in cedar and rosewood, and I have to say that it was delightful. It had a deeper body and my friend (who owns it) thinks that that makes a big difference, it gives it depth and body to the sound. After playing it a few times when I stayed at his house, I agreed. 

Expert people who know far more than I do - well, I'm thinking of Andy and Simon at Brook, who we discussed it with - don't agree. Just the same, my varied experience with Maton 808s (same shape as a Martin 00 only deeper) supports this theory, and my friends delightful Auden parlour only confirms it. 

I'm still wondering if I should have asked Andy and Simon to make my Lyn deeper than standard. But in the end I decided that it is stupid to go to a famous restaurant and try to tell the chef how to season a chicken, so my Brook is the standard (shallow) depth. I trust them! Can't wait for it to arrive! 

Just the same, a deeper body in a small guitar is something I always seem to like.
  • Good choice, the Eastman 00's are great guitars for realistic money.
  • ShadowShadow Frets: 72
    Shadow said:
    That's a great choice. I loved everything about the E10-00 apart from the chunky neck. I actually ended up taking a punt on the Auden Emily Rose Neo (Neo is their no frills range) and I like it a lot. The neck is fairly substantial but not like the Eastmans. It's got a softer tone thanks to the cedar top and as you say, a surprising amount of bass for the size.
    Good buy!  The Emily Rose really stood out.  I was tempted because of the electronics as well that looked good although the cedar one had top mounted controls, but I prefer non-permanent options.  I think I moved on from the cedar one mainly because of that.   The Mahogany was its own thing, the cedar would cover more ground. 

The neo’s are an absolute bargain.  The Dowina parlour sounded like a toy in comparison, but appreciate some people like the boxy parlour tone.  The Auden’s didn’t have a trace of that.
    I preferred the Emily Rose to the Eastman Parlour.

If I was gigging acoustic I would have gone for the Emily Rose.  Let me know how the electronics sound if you have them on yours.

I'd agree if it was a barn door unit but I quite like look of the controls. The higher models have the soundhole controls but they look as though they'd be quite fiddly. 

I haven't spent much time with the pickup system, but I'm impressed with what I've heard so far, no trace of piezo quack. It's an interesting system, a UST but with six individual sensors rather than the usual strip, and a sensor mounted in the underside of the top which can be blended in. 

The guitar comes with a really nice quality padded gig bag, and even a plastic gizmo so you can change the battery without having to loosen the strings.
    Dave_Mc said:
    Shadow said:

Yes they are very small.  The Auden's are bigger and a bit deeper but still small guitars and parlour size.

The Auden parlour sounded bigger and more robust than the Dowina OM imo.  

Oh wow, that's some high praise if it sounded bigger than the Dowina OM! I've got a Dowina Grand Auditorium, the MusicStore exclusive model, and it's pretty darn nice, especially for what it costs considering where it's made. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Tannin said:
    I'm still wondering if I should have asked Andy and Simon to make my Lyn deeper than standard. But in the end I decided that it is stupid to go to a famous restaurant and try to tell the chef how to season a chicken, so my Brook is the standard (shallow) depth. I trust them! Can't wait for it to arrive! 

Just the same, a deeper body in a small guitar is something I always seem to like.
    Yeah that's the approach I always take too- if I trust them enough to know what they're doing that I'm willing to buy their product, it seems daft not to let them do what they think is best. :)

But like you I do still always wonder...  =)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom