SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB: original 1955-58 Gibson Les Paul Special Single Cut TV Yellow model

What's Hot
the_passengerthe_passenger Frets: 58
edited April 14 in Guitars £

It's my absolute dream guitar. I'm looking for one without neck breaks or other structural issues and original finish + serial number. If the guitar happens to be in player-grade condition and is well broken-in with some replaced parts, that is not a problem at all! I want to play it and record with it not put it on the wall. 

Wherever you are located in the globe, I'm willing to travel to pick up the guitar. Please don't hold back the offers folks! 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• VarunVarun Frets: 79
    Hey. Where are you located ? I’ve got an all original one that I wasn’t really planning to let go but I could if the offer was right. No neck breaks etc, all original finish and pickups and electronics all original. It’s a 57 in TV Yellow 

I’m in London. I’m on 07920813272 if you want to WhatsApp me to chat. 

Varun 
  • I'm in the EU but location does not matter. I was about to fly to Tokyo for a nice '57 Special but it got sold while making the arrangements. I'll fly anywhere for one that is priced fairly and is a good guitar. The usual suspects on Reverb and Ebay priced at 15-18k for fools are out of question.
  • VarunVarun Frets: 79
    No worries- safe travels to Tokyo. Think I’ll hang on to mine 
  • The one in Japan got sold just before I could make the deposit, that's why I posted this thread here and on all of the LP forums where I'm a member. It was TC Gakki in Tokyo - all-original 57 Special priced at 12K. Bummer... 

• koss59koss59 Frets: 862
    I’ve not seen one priced that low since before Covid. 
    Were the flight prices to Tokyo not enough to bring you up to 14k?
    Good luck on your search anyway, great guitars. 
    Facebook.com/nashvillesounduk/
  • There's about 2 or 3 right now in the 12k pound / 14k euro range, all far outside of Europe. Plane tickets cost about 1k all in all with a motel stay. 

If there's one under 14k pounds in the UK /EU, I would settle for that, so hook me up folks if you know a source. 
  • designerseye88designerseye88 Frets: 987
    edited April 14
    I have one but it's a Clive Brown refin. Cool guitars and I'm yet to play a bad one. Good luck with the search 
  • MikeCMikeC Frets: 458
    PM'd. 
  • fretboarderfretboarder Frets: 22
    Just buy a custom shop one and save your cash.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • glitterjetglitterjet Frets: 69
    Some Neck Guitars in Dublin have one, its been there a long while.   Its a little more expensive but if you are paying that sort of money you want the best you can get.   I have played it and its very nice indeed.
    Be careful out there.....
  • CastroCastro Frets: 521
    There'll be VAT and duties to pay, even on the one in Dublin.
  • Mudz73Mudz73 Frets: 5
    The one Dublin has strangely had the Serial No. sanded off. I think 15k explains why it's been there a while.
  • glitterjetglitterjet Frets: 69
    I forgot about the serial being sanded off tbh, it would put me off at that price for sure.   
    Be careful out there.....
  • Experience tells me to be wary of any guitar with a sanded off serial number.