SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS/ Trade: Edwards Goldtop LP - MIJ - Reduced

What's Hot
saxosimsaxosim Frets: 69
edited April 21 in Guitars £
Hi All,

After a lot of thinking I am putting up for sale or trade my Edwards ALS130 all nitro Gold top Les Paul guitar which was made in Japan in 2014.

It started out life as a sunburst model (red which a very orange centre) but I was not overly keen on the sunburst colour so had the top refinished as a gold top.  It is a 50s accurate gold colour and again in Nitro and the whole guitar has also been lightly to medium aged/ relic’d, so has lots of checking and looks amazing.  The refin and aging work was expertly carried out by guitar resorections (lamf68) who is also a member in this forum.

The photos really don’t do it justice it’s stunning.  Including the relicing the guitar only has a few light dings to the body edge on the back and a slight lacquer chip around the back of one of the tuners (top left) but otherwise is fine, no breaks/ cracks or issues at all.  Frets are also great too with no signs of wear.  Guitar currently setup with 10 gauge strings fitted.

I really didn’t like the original SD Seth Lover pickups at all as they sounded muddy and too dark especially in the neck so these have been replaced by Gibson Custombuckers from a custom shop ES335 reissue guitar which sound fantastic.  The rest of the wiring is still the original ESP Japan electrics.  I have also replaced the knobs with a nicely aged set from 59 parts.

The bridge and tuners are the Gotoh ones from the factory so all great hardware fitted.

The guitar also comes with a brown Gator hardcase, has what I would say is a 60s profile neck and weighs approx 9lb. (9.02lbs looking at kitchen scales)

Reduced to £750 which I think is a very fair price considering it has £250 to £300 of Custombucker pickups also fitted. 

The main reason for sale is that I can’t get on with the 60s neck as I prefer a 50s thicker neck.  I have owned it for approx 3 years.  If you haven't tried an Edwards before they are fantastic and on par with Gibson USA Les Paul’s, this was so much better than my Gibson Les Paul Traditional that I sold that and kept this one.  If it had a thicker neck I would 100% be keeping it as I hankered after a Les Paul goldtop for so long.

I would also be interested in a trade for a Gibson Les Paul special (from the Gibson original collection from 2019 to current which are more vintage accurate on specs) with a 50s neck and shoulder in TV yellow colour although will consider cherry red too plus cash your way or would also be interested in a Gibson Les Paul Junior with a 50s neck profile. 

Please see below for photos, any questions, please let me know?

The guitar is located in Newcastle Upon Tyne, I would prefer collection/ meet up (especially for a trade deal) but I can box it up and ship via courier at extra cost if preferred.

I have added some photos below, happy to take any other photos required.  Please get in touch with any questions etc.

Also please see the full album for more photos - 
https://imgur.com/a/JVuvZ5I

Thanks

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• saxosimsaxosim Frets: 69
    Photo 1
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited April 14

photo 2
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited April 14

photo 3
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

photo 4

photo 5

photo 6

edited April 14

• Lovely. Hell of a guitar for the money. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Lovely. Hell of a guitar for the money. 
    Thank you  :)
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3888
    How old is it and what's the weight? Cheers
    Lebarque said:
    How old is it and what's the weight? Cheers
    Hiya it’s a 2014 model and weighs 9.02 lbs using our kitchen scales.  Thanks 
    edited April 16
    Bump still currently available thanks and would also trade for the current run (since 2021 I think) Gibson Les Paul Junior in ebony with the 50s neck profile and the tortoise pickguard which come in a brown hardcase.  Thanks
  • fretboarderfretboarder Frets: 22
    Fantastic guitar we compared it to several Gibson guitars and it stood right there with them an surpassed others, the custom buckers now added took it over the edge,,SWEET!!
    Fantastic guitar we compared it to several Gibson guitars and it stood right there with them an surpassed others, the custom buckers now added took it over the edge,,SWEET!!
    Thanks mate  :)
    Bump and slight reduction to £850 thanks 
    Bump still available thanks, would accept £800 no offers or trade against a Les Paul special with 50s neck profile plus cash your way.  Thanks 
    Found a guitar that I really like so my Edwards is reduced to £750.  Absolute bargain, can ship within the UK too if interested.  Can’t believe it’s still here as these have a great following.  Gotoh bridge and tuners also fitted as standard