Fender Tone Master Amps

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9584
    DiscoStu said:
    Bother. So if I put a high gain pedal in to it, what happens? Does it go flubby?
    Surely, the wrong amp for metal ?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jellybellyjellybelly Frets: 760
    DiscoStu said:
    Bother. So if I put a high gain pedal in to it, what happens? Does it go flubby?
    No not flubby, but it's not the tight, solid distortion you'd get from a gainier amp with a closed back cab. It doesn't fall apart under high gain - just acts the way a normal twin would. 

In Utero was a Sansamp into a Fender twin (or some other big bottle Fender) and that's one of the dirtiest albums I can think of. But it's not the same kind of gain as say Metallica from your list. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • jesonejesone Frets: 60
    So how are these sounding on the very low wattage settings? I’m wondering whether the Princeton might be ideal as a low volume sat on the sofa noodling tool. (I mean the amp, not me ;)
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4716
    They sound pretty much the same on the lowest and highest settings.  I only use the 0.2 watt setting on my TMDR and rarely turn it it up beyond 5.  Sounds great and definitely doesn't annoy anyone in the house or next door.

Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
  • JCA2550JCA2550 Frets: 439
    the_jaffa said:
    dazzajl said:
    Is there any difference sound-wise between the black and blonde TMDRs?

(Yes, I know they’re a different colour and that one is therefore better/worse, cooler/less cool etc…!  :))
    They are quite different, I much preferred the black one but I seem to be the minority there. The standard issue sounds more the idea of a fender amp in my head. The blonde was more punchy to my ears. 
    Ditto, I liked the black one best too. 
    And me
    I have the Black one and really like it, especially loaded with a neo Creamback.
  • jesone said:
    So how are these sounding on the very low wattage settings? I’m wondering whether the Princeton might be ideal as a low volume sat on the sofa noodling tool. (I mean the amp, not me ;)
    In the house I never have my TM Princeton on higher than either of the two lowest wattage settings and it still sounds great. Lowest setting for if my partner is in the house, second lowest for if I'm home alone.
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7509
    The 'sound' is extremely consistent even at the v low wattage settings on my TMDR but once you get it to the middle or higher ones you start to feel the speaker giving out a bit of low end (as in feel the cabinet vibrate like a regular amp, and in your feet if you're sat near, and I think that always translates in to it 'sounding' different 
    Red ones are better.