Fender Tom Delonge Starcaster

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2954
    I never really liked how Starcasters look, but this one looks great to me. Then again I am a big Blink fan so that might be clouding my judgement somewhat. The big headstock suits so much better than the curvy standard headstock too :) not sure I'd pay what they're going for but I've got a ticket for the GGG shell pink draw!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73031
    TTBZ said:

The big headstock suits so much better than the curvy standard headstock too :)
    I've grown to be able to tolerate the carpet-slipper headstock over the years, but I still think it would have been better if they'd never created it in the first place and it had always had the standard CBS one.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4243
    edited April 22
    I had another look at this today and I do really like the pink one. If they get blown out/turn up used for ~£500, then I might grab one
  • BobHillmanBobHillman Frets: 182
    I entered the Fender competition to win one - I'm still waiting for the email to tell me I have won!
  • RkphilpotRkphilpot Frets: 180
    Anybody actually bought one of these and has now had some time to play it?
    I'm interested on the gloss neck, satin body inversion they have and whether they're a bit of a one trick pony.
    I do think they look cool but I don't think I could find much use for it.
    I just spotted these bodies on Aliexpress… tempting
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27702
    Just bear in mind that Starcasters usually don't work with standard Strat necks. 22 frets without an overhang... 

I haven't seen a 3/4 angle picture of these to know if they're the same but I would assume so
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    FWIW I really like the original Starcaser headstock. It'd be daft on most guitars but suits the Starcaster nicely
    Just bear in mind that Starcasters usually don't work with standard Strat necks. 22 frets without an overhang... 

I haven't seen a 3/4 angle picture of these to know if they're the same but I would assume so
    Good call, I’d be making the neck though so should be able to account for it. I think these ones (should) have been built for a standard neck, but there’s only one way to find out I guess…!

Good call, I’d be making the neck though so should be able to account for it. I think these ones (should) have been built for a standard neck, but there’s only one way to find out I guess…!
    Cool. I've always liked the idea of one. Maybe I should go have a look :D 

I do have a Reverb search for Mooncaster bodies from Warmoth. I don't really wanna pay full price but if one popped up cheap I'd be very tempted.
  • elstoofelstoof Frets: 2575
    Mooncasters are a chambered solid body rather than a proper Starcaster, which puts me off them
  • SporkySporky Frets: 29132
    DeLonge also did a load of stuff in Angels And Airwaves. They were a bit arena-rock but had some decent moments.

"[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    @Sporky and Boxcar Racer, though I didn’t like their stuff as much
  • SporkySporky Frets: 29132
    I could never remember if BCR was him or the others. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3376
    BCR was him. In fact that whole album is probably my favourite of theirs. 
  • DumodalDumodal Frets: 513
    Rkphilpot said:
    Anybody actually bought one of these and has now had some time to play it?
    I'm interested on the gloss neck, satin body inversion they have and whether they're a bit of a one trick pony.
    I do think they look cool but I don't think I could find much use for it.
    I bought it, I like it, not a fan of the glossy neck so I smoothed it a bit with a fine scotch-brite. No QC issues, is it worth £999? Maybe not but no regrets its a unique guitar.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom