Josh Freese / Beato interview

stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27064
Haven't watched this yet but figured it will be of interest to loads of us - should be an excellent 90 mins

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyKjADpkDLs 
The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• LionAquaLooperLionAquaLooper Frets: 1092
    Thanks for this. I'm a big fan of that guy. Looking forward to watching it! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • rsvmarkrsvmark Frets: 1383
    Watching it now. 500 albums! 
    An official Foo liked guitarist since 2024
    I don't know how he does it. He's undoubtedly a great and versatile drummer but so are about a thousand others in LA alone probably. And yet he keeps getting so much session work across so many genres. He must be the easiest musician to get along with to establish such a massive network of musicians who will vouch for him. 
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6265
    His work with Nine Inch Nails is fantastic. Highly recommend looking up the free to download The Gift which is a v good filming of their 2008 tour, brilliant stuff. 
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17626
    tFB Trader
    A band like the Foo Fighters need to know that someone can put up with 6 months of relentless stadium touring. Not many people have that on their CV.
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7291
    His drumming on the first APC album is just incredible, really creative without being at all busy or over-complex.  
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1474
    His drumming on the first APC album is just incredible, really creative without being at all busy or over-complex.  
    Going to go back and listen to this for the first time in ages after this interview haha. 
    Definitely.
    On the 2nd album his drum parts for "The Package" and "Gravity" are outstanding.  Just completely "outside the box" thinking, and not in your face.  Just adds value to the songs.  Not sure if that was all him or if the producer or Howerdel/Keenan told him to play them like that though.  Hopefully it's the former.
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22919
    I haven't watched the video but I did read a transcript of some of the content.

I think I first heard of Josh Freese when he played on Dweezil Zappa's album Confessions, way back in the early '90s.  I looked at his discography and I see that was actually one of the very first things he did.
  • LongtallronnieLongtallronnie Frets: 1201
    Only really known of him since he joined the Foos but seems like a really cool, down to earth dude. 
    Loved the bit where Rick’s asking home about different kick drum sizes etc and he just says “mine goes THUD!” :lol: