SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Withdrawn - Bartel Starwood £3,750 firm

What's Hot
chris78chris78 Frets: 9320
edited April 19 in Amps £
The best amplifier in the world and the pick of the Bartel range (the roseland is too big and heavy, the sugarland only 12 watts and no reverb). 28 watts of tube goodness with the only master volume I’ve ever tried that maintains the tone right down to genuine whisper/ the baby is asleep in the next room levels.
Really at least 4 amps in one.
Bass and treble at 0 gives you Marshall plexi goodness right from cleans to roaring Marshall drive. I a/bd this against a tone king royalist and the Bartel won hands down.
Bass and treble at 5 is tweed perfection. Again, I’ve a/bd with a lazy j and whilst very little in it, the Bartel just about won for its ability to fill the room and greater tweed versatility. There’s a wider range of tweed tones than a j.
Bass and treble on 10 Bartel says gives you blackface. It doesn’t. It’s brownface to my ears and this was always my criticism until I discovered that after the original design, Bartel added a pull switch which adds glass and top end. This DOES give superb blackface tones. Enough to see off my Carr Superbee.
Bass 1, treble 9 is for vox tones. Don’t use voxes so can’t compare, but it got me right in the ballpark for John Squier Stone Roses stuff so I was happy. 

The thing is though, you can’t describe the richness of tone and ability to cut until you’ve heard one. In a live setting you’ll cut through like nothing else without harshness or excessive treble. The quality of the build and wiring isn’t masterbuilt, it’s obsessive.

Im reluctantly selling because the band I was in has split up and I’ve not got the time to find another band and start again the moment. Life is too busy. I’ll buy one back without any doubt when the time is right.

Collection only or happy to meet. I’m in Chatham but speak to me and we’ll make a mutually convenient location work halfway somewhere. Strictly no trades unless you have a novo serus j and even then, I’d rather cash. £3,750 is firm - I’d rather set a bargainous price rather than go through the negotiation piece - it’s easier for both of us and this is the minimum I’d consider - if you want one and don’t want mine, coda will sell you theirs for £5k. Oh and mine comes with a sexy quilted cover.

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/bu56la2nfsysodpuo8k19/IMG_0257.jpeg?rlkey=meo107z6nbl6s62uwcm33nejl&raw=1
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/k94xgce6lfblxwr0c02wg/IMG_0258.jpeg?rlkey=o3spghcylt54uerkxnaunshde&raw=1
0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5051
    I never thought I’d see the day! 
    Great amp, GLWTS. 
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thinline72thinline72 Frets: 82
    well, it didn't hold for long  =) I'm sure you made the right decision!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chris78chris78 Frets: 9320
    Made the mistake of plugging it in. Even compared with other boutique amps, nothing compares.

If it helps anyone, there is a Roseland and sugarland for sale and @Hattigol’s sugarland is an absolute bargain
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • thinline72thinline72 Frets: 82
    +1

And if you'd need a smaller amp for home use, just wait until Bartel releases 3W version with Spring Reverb. Last time I emailed him about a month ago and he said they will probably be ready for production near the end of the year. I have very high hopes and expectations for this beast!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • chris78chris78 Frets: 9320
    +1

And if you'd need a smaller amp for home use, just wait until Bartel releases 3W version with Spring Reverb. Last time I emailed him about a month ago and he said they will probably be ready for production near the end of the year. I have very high hopes and expectations for this beast!
    “Need another amp”?
    Definitely not?
    Will be begging Doug at Coda for one? 
    Oh yes.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5051
    edited April 20
    chris78 said:
    +1

“Need another amp”?
    Definitely not?
    Will be begging Doug at Coda for one? 
    Oh yes.
    Do I need another amp, definitely not.
    Will I be asking for dibs?
    Definitely yes! 
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Benm39Benm39 Frets: 712
    Hehe can I have dibs on your dibs @fretfinder ?!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom