SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: A whole load of computer parts

digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26669
edited April 19 in Misc £
It's come to my attention that I've got far too many experimental PC parts kicking around, so I'm gonna have a bit of a clearout here. I've no idea if anybody's going to be interested, but here goes...

Supermicro Motherboard + 12-core Xeon + 256GB RAM

This was my server for quite a long time. Motherboard is the Supermicro X9SRL-F, with plenty of PCIE slots and runs from a standard ATX power supply.

The RAM is 256GB DDR3-1333, the CPU's an Intel Xeon E5-2696 v2 (stamped "Intel Confidential", so it's an engineering sample), and it has a Noctua cooler on it.

Worthy of note is that the cooler fins are a bit dented, because it fell off the top of my 3D printer at some point. It works just fine, and it's still silent.

Also worth noting is that the manual says it'll take up to 192GB RAM (12 x 16GB), but I've tried it with 32GB modules and it works perfectly - so the real maximum is at least 384GB.

£140 delivered

Fujitsu TX2540 Server

Beast of a machine, mainly physically, but it's also got a fair bit of compute power in there. It's got dual Xeon E5-2470 v2 CPUs, with 10 cores each. There's 96GB DDR3 (triple channel), a SAS RAID card and at least 6 x 3TB SAS drives in there. I say "at least" because I'm pretty sure I've got some more lying around, and if I find them then I'll put two more in the empty bays.

£190, but we're going to have to meet somewhere within 50 miles of Peterborough. It's too heavy to post.

2 x Nvidia Tesla P100 12GB Datacentre GPUs

This is for those in-the-know - perfect if you want to start experimenting with AI stuff. Surprisingly powerful, and if you run them both together it'll be the cheapest way to get 24GB of VRAM for those bigger models.

Important notes:
  • There's no PCIE bracket with these, so you'll either need to get hold of one or fashion your own. I may be able to print one, but I'm not 100% confident I'll get the dimensions exactly right.
  • Because these are designed for use in servers, they don't have fans...but they definitely need active cooling. I printed a fan shroud that will share one Noctua fan between the two GPUs, and it works great - I'll include that if anyone buys two of them, but it requires adjacent two-slot-wide slots, if you see what I mean. Worked perfectly with the Supermicro motherboard above.
  • They take EPS power connectors, not standard PCIE GPU power connectors, so you'll need an adapter for each (easily found on Amazon).
£140 each delivered, or £250 for the pair

DDR4 RAM - four kits

All are Corsair Vengeance:
  • Two 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3000 kits, total 32GB - £30 each delivered
  • One 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3200 kit - £30 delivered SOLD
  • One 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3600 kit - £60 delivered
<space for hire>
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• JayceeJaycee Frets: 310
    edited April 19
    I have been looking for extra ram, can I have the " One 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3200 kit - £30 delivered" please

I almost got 3 x 32 GB for under £15. but the website realised they had messed the pricing up and cancelled the order lol
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom