PRS double necked dragon on eBay.

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72977
    Argggggggggggggggggh my eyes!!!!!!!!!
    I actually don't mind the 'Chinese enamel inlay as art guitar' aspect of it, but that close-up brings out some really crappy-looking elements which just make it look amateurish.

The angle between the necks - which I understand has some practical advantages over them being parallel - looks odd, and makes the misalignment between the bridges look like they're just fitted wrong. The mini-toggle switches for neck and pickup selection look cheap. And worst of all, that straight body edge between the necks looks like a careless afterthought, like someone just forgot to carve it. So much craftsmanship in the inlay work and they couldn't even be bothered...

And I say that as someone who actually likes the early Dragons, especially the 2000.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14711
    tFB Trader
    Nerine said:
    ICBM said:
    I kind of have an imaginary list of guitars that I would like to own  - That is not on the list for 2 very good reasons
    Are the reasons related to each other?
    No but I can see what you mean
    What reasons are they?
    My credit card doesn’t like the price 
    My eyes don’t like the visual package 
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 12432
    Ye gods.  I wouldn't even hang it on my wall if it was gifted to me.
  • SporkySporky Frets: 29056
    ICBM said:

And I say that as someone who actually likes the early Dragons, especially the 2000.
    I like the 2002. Particularly in red. Machinehead had one and it was stunning.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 11059
    tFB Trader
    ICBM said:
    Argggggggggggggggggh my eyes!!!!!!!!!
    I actually don't mind the 'Chinese enamel inlay as art guitar' aspect of it, but that close-up brings out some really crappy-looking elements which just make it look amateurish.

The angle between the necks - which I understand has some practical advantages over them being parallel - looks odd, and makes the misalignment between the bridges look like they're just fitted wrong. The mini-toggle switches for neck and pickup selection look cheap. And worst of all, that straight body edge between the necks looks like a careless afterthought, like someone just forgot to carve it. So much craftsmanship in the inlay work and they couldn't even be bothered...

Totally agree on that straight-line body edge between the necks looks 'unfinished'. A gentle scallop would have done wonders instead of all that mother of pearl 
    Below: a gentle scallop 

Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Devil#20Devil#20 Frets: 1995
    If Daenerys Targaryen played guitar she'd probably prefer a Telecaster still. 

Ian

Lowering my expectations has succeeded beyond my wildest dreams.