tFB Trader
    impmann said:
    ICBM said:
    The clue is in the name...

Every
    Variety of
    Random
    Incompetence
    EVRi Parcel Lost is what we call them...

TBH, the whole courier industry is the wild west and you can hear the clinking of the spurs as they get out the vans... utter cowboys. One driver we had actually told me of one of the 'hustles' one of his colleagues got busted for...

If a parcel is collected and it doesn't have a label, ergo it isn't scanned, there is no proof they have it. So what he'd do was once he'd done his collection run, he'd park up to 're-organise the van' (ever seen a courier doing this... I have) and anything without a label that looked interesting were shoved into the cab or squirrelled somewhere else. He'd then drop off everything else at the depot - and take the unlabelled one home. He'd open them up, have a look at the contents and then if worth anything for a quick flip he'd pinch them. Anything he didn't understand/know what it was got replaced in the box and retaped with the "damaged parcel" tape and returned to the depot the next day.

NEVER EVER EVER use a service where they "print the label at the depot". You have no proof that the company has the item. If it vanishes, you cannot claim *anything* as you cannot prove you even sent it...
    We print all our labels in house either at home (inkjet) or at Oil City (colour laser)  ... are there really folks who don't have a printer at home? Dear god, do they knap flints, dress in skins and eat their young too? 
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BillDLBillDL Frets: 7350
    I no longer have a printer.  I do, however have a lighter and an electronic sparking thing on my hob, I don't really like leather clothing, and I ate my kids long before I got rid of my last printer.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10564
    tFB Trader
    BillDL said:
    I no longer have a printer.  I do, however have a lighter and an electronic sparking thing on my hob, I don't really like leather clothing, and I ate my kids long before I got rid of my last printer.
    I would love to go paper free ... but while physical paper in the hand is still important proof for some folks ... I shall still be in servitude to the mighty ink barons. 
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

• Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2360
    edited April 27
    You can't always protect yourself from iffier couriers even if you don't buy from them! Our housing estate has a very similar name to a couple of other housing estates nearby (built by the same builders)... several times couriers have dropped parcels with us for the same house number in one of those other estates. It's always the ones who don't even have a second to wait, they've dropped it at your door before you can even stop them. I think it's Evri, but not 100% sure, one person drives and another person hops out of the car passenger seat at super-fast speeds.

The irony isn't lost on me that the delivery driver/passenger won't wait 30 seconds for you to answer the door, but that it'll take you an awful lot longer than 30 seconds to remedy the situation, even though you weren't even involved!