Pearl Jam tracks from new album

What's Hot
RabsRabs Frets: 2610
in Music tFB Trader
Theres a whole bunch just come up on their channel. Heres a few.
Pearl Jam - YouTube

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• mrkbmrkb Frets: 6896
    They're all on Spotify as the album was released yesterday
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4672
    listened to the album a few time now and i really like it 
  • Yeah I've played it a few times this weekend and generally I like it. I think the songwriting is really strong - some of their best stuff in years IMO - but I'm not a big fan of the production style. Too heavily processed and too 'dense' and 'thick' sounding (not technical terms, but the best I can come up with to describe it!). On some tracks I think either/both the drums and the bass sound like they could be straight out of a synthesiser.

If you combined the more organic, sparse, rough around the edges production style of the likes of Vs or No Code with some of the songs on this album I think it would be superb. I reckon a lot of the tracks will work a lot better live rather than on the record.
  • mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4672
    Yeah I've played it a few times this weekend and generally I like it. I think the songwriting is really strong - some of their best stuff in years IMO - but I'm not a big fan of the production style. Too heavily processed and too 'dense' and 'thick' sounding (not technical terms, but the best I can come up with to describe it!). On some tracks I think either/both the drums and the bass sound like they could be straight out of a synthesiser.

If you combined the more organic, sparse, rough around the edges production style of the likes of Vs or No Code with some of the songs on this album I think it would be superb. I reckon a lot of the tracks will work a lot better live rather than on the record.
    agree @Dontgiveupyourdayjob i described it as " compressed" to someone the other day 

couple of tracks ( Waiting for Stevie , Upperhand ) i cant wait to hear live
  • theatreanchortheatreanchor Frets: 1473
    Massively disappointed after the strength of Dark Matter.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2401
    Sounds like A.I PJ to me. 
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3229
    edited April 25
    I’ve been listening to this on the drive in and out of work this week. It’s not bad, but it feels like an album of the Spotify age. It doesn’t feel like it has an identity. To my mind and ear, every PJ album so far is its own thing, it has an identity and sound -whereas this meanders between the last 5 albums. 
  • LPManicLPManic Frets: 1095
    Lovely guys and all that but one of the most overrated bands ever.
  • As I thought might be the case, the songs sound better live compared to the over-produced studio versions...

• theatreanchortheatreanchor Frets: 1473
    edited April 26
    Anyone else use Apple Music? The mastering was weird when I listened - and some tracks were far louder than others.