A brief review: Mosky Transparent Overdrive

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10691
    tFB Trader
    TimmyO said:
    Is M the MXR version of the Timmy? I don't know if that is supposed to be a genuine 1-1 recreation or a slightly tweaked version
    MXR is offered as 'same' - although the volume pot taper is different/wrong 
    The volume pot is a tad sensitive ... but for £35 I won't argue.  
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LionAquaLooperLionAquaLooper Frets: 1148
    Is M the MXR version of the Timmy? I don't know if that is supposed to be a genuine 1-1 recreation or a slightly tweaked version
    No I don't believe it is because other pedals from this Mosky series also have the M mode. Unless by sheer coincidence those other pedals are also emulating some MXR model in those modes. 
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7568
    No I don't believe it is because other pedals from this Mosky series also have the M mode. Unless by sheer coincidence those other pedals are also emulating some MXR model in those modes. 
    Maybe they're just a 'Mosky' option 
    Red ones are better. 
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6819
    I've ordered one of these. 

Barely use overdrive but sometimes you just need it to get a different amp in the right place at the right volume so will report back. Had the Timmy, the MXR Timmy, the Caline, the Light speed and the old Danelectro clone. 
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10691
    tFB Trader
    soma1975 said:
    I've ordered one of these. 

Barely use overdrive but sometimes you just need it to get a different amp in the right place at the right volume so will report back. Had the Timmy, the MXR Timmy, the Caline, the Light speed and the old Danelectro clone. 
    Currently at rehearsals I'm using the rehearsal space solid state Marshall - so I'm using the TP Overdrive along with Fender tweed emulation on my Joyo American into the clean channel.
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message