Well-dressed guitarists? Corporate/cover band planning...

What's Hot
1235»

Comments

• hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4191
    Nah this keef

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • topdog91topdog91 Frets: 324
    CaseOfAce said:
    The trouble is at this point the uniform of corporate / wedding bands has become almost as rote as the setlists. Let's face it - you're going to end up wearing black waistcoats (or jackets), black ties, white shirts, jeans and black boots. 
    Nope. We ain't playing Sex on Fire either. 

I'm absolutely determined not to play all the same old shit as every other band for the last 30 years. We'll do Brightside and maybe Livin on a Prayer but none of the other "classics" if I can help it.  This is helped by the fact that we're based out of Dubai, so there's a chunky middle-aged "western" audience, but there's also tonnes of Indians, Filipinos, Americans, Africans, etc etc so I want to get in a good bit of the major international stuff that a wider range will respond to. 

Plenty of Motown, a fair bit of classic & modern pop, and some slinkier rock-ish stuff - Prince, Bowie, Kravitz, Blondie, Police, etc
    How's the pay out there? I have a couple of mates out there...
    Brian Moore MC1 / i9.13p, Chapman ML-2 / ML-3, Fender 1977 Strat Hardtail / Richie Kotzen Telecaster, Peavey Predator / T-60, PRS SE Akerfeldt / Akesson , Squier Classic Vibe 60s Strat, FSR Custom Tele x2, Simon & Patrick Folk Cedar
  • topdog91topdog91 Frets: 324
    Brian Moore MC1 / i9.13p, Chapman ML-2 / ML-3, Fender 1977 Strat Hardtail / Richie Kotzen Telecaster, Peavey Predator / T-60, PRS SE Akerfeldt / Akesson , Squier Classic Vibe 60s Strat, FSR Custom Tele x2, Simon & Patrick Folk Cedar
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27138
    topdog91 said:
    CaseOfAce said:
    The trouble is at this point the uniform of corporate / wedding bands has become almost as rote as the setlists. Let's face it - you're going to end up wearing black waistcoats (or jackets), black ties, white shirts, jeans and black boots. 
    Nope. We ain't playing Sex on Fire either. 

I'm absolutely determined not to play all the same old shit as every other band for the last 30 years. We'll do Brightside and maybe Livin on a Prayer but none of the other "classics" if I can help it.  This is helped by the fact that we're based out of Dubai, so there's a chunky middle-aged "western" audience, but there's also tonnes of Indians, Filipinos, Americans, Africans, etc etc so I want to get in a good bit of the major international stuff that a wider range will respond to. 

Plenty of Motown, a fair bit of classic & modern pop, and some slinkier rock-ish stuff - Prince, Bowie, Kravitz, Blondie, Police, etc
    How's the pay out there? I have a couple of mates out there...
    Don't know yet but we've heard 1200-1500 AED per person, which is around £250-350

Not sure to what extent we can add any kit hire on top of that yet. But as usual, we're doing it for love of it more tan revenue...!
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • RocknRollDaveRocknRollDave Frets: 6506
    Sunglasses is a big ‘No’ from me. It may seem like a small thing, but not being able to see your eyes puts a huge barrier between you and your audience.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Sunglasses is a big ‘No’ from me. It may seem like a small thing, but not being able to see your eyes puts a huge barrier between you and your audience.
    Yeah I never do unless it's a sunny afternoon outside gig and I literally can't play without them. But singers are all sans-glasses all the time
    edited April 27
    I got AI to help. Gotta get me some pinstriped and/or velvet action...  :D 

• SporkySporky Frets: 28516
    Definitely "and". 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • JonathangusJonathangus Frets: 4558
    Green Hyundai optional, though...
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27638
     and/or velvet action... 

Hot!!

Particularly under the stage lights.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5396
    I got AI to help. Gotta get me some pinstriped and/or velvet action...  :D 

What was the search term "Do @cirrus but not in the goth/indie band"?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom