Turntable Experts

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• HippoPeteHippoPete Frets: 127
    That's very kind and gracious offer Marlin but I think I'm OK for now.

If the Linn Axis ever makes it out of the loft and onto the workbench, I'll be back begging for help as that will need every thing doing to it. New motorboard / PSU, new cartridge, belt, spindle oil etc.

Interesting that during my research of the last few days, I've discovered a couple of Axis PSU replacement and repair options which is gratifying as for a long while I thought it was fix it myself or scrap.

Cheers All,

They don't want your name, they just want your number.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    You guys are going to love this!!!

Flushed with enthusiasm, we went out and bought the pukka Sonos Port to alleviate dependence on freeware code for the Raspberry pi and allow for the possibility of an external phono stage one day.

So halfway through our first listen (Hotel California if you must know), the f*cking drive belt snaps.

Lord grant me patience :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7923
    Rubber gets old and perishes if not used. 
    If you can find a silicon belt, may have more longevity and age resistance. Think of them as consumable items. 
    I’ve never had a belt snap, but I use mine a lot. 

• KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18932
    HippoPete said:
    You guys are going to love this!!!

Flushed with enthusiasm, we went out and bought the pukka Sonos Port to alleviate dependence on freeware code for the Raspberry pi and allow for the possibility of an external phono stage one day.

So halfway through our first listen (Hotel California if you must know), the f*cking drive belt snaps.

Lord grant me patience :)
    My LOL was at your description & in sympathy with your current plight, not a pisstake  :3
    I’d be chuckling too if it was someone else  =)

Nevertheless with a replacement belt on order and nothing to lose, a tiny dab of ultra thin cyanoacrylate glue fixed the belt so Mrs Pete was able to enjoy her brand new copy of Meddle.

Now she pretty decided that the parlour needs redecorating and remodelling to accommodate music listening like we used to do before iPods and Spotify. . . . . . . . . . . . . And kids. 
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18932
    HippoPete said:
    I’d be chuckling too if it was someone else  =)

Nevertheless with a replacement belt on order and nothing to lose, a tiny dab of ultra thin cyanoacrylate glue fixed the belt so Mrs Pete was able to enjoy her brand new copy of Meddle.

Now she pretty decided that the parlour needs redecorating and remodelling to accommodate music listening like we used to do before iPods and Spotify. . . . . . . . . . . . . And kids. 
    Meddle has wobbles built in, so any belt variables could only enhance it  ;)