Complete wireless set up with Kemper Stage

BorkBork Frets: 259
I gig occasionally at work and the backline typically provided is minimal to almost non existent and even then the engineers use it primarily for vocals.  I'm thinking about going fully wireless using a Kemper Stage Profiler (which can already split monitor and main outs).  

Has anyone got experience of using wireless IEM system AND wireless transmitter into a pedalboard?  Which systems worked best?  If you were the lone user of IEMs, how did you patch into a band mix for monitoring if the sound engineers worked for the venue or organisers?

[This space for rent]

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• maltingsaudiomaltingsaudio Frets: 3138
    Just to state the obvious, firstly make sure your IEM and guitar are on different frequencies.

The transmitter for your IEM doesn’t have to be on your board because it’s taking the signal from your profiler post your pedal board. In fact have you thought about the set up you have described. It appears to be a closed loop between you and your guitar sound, how are you going to hear what everyone else is playing.

Just have a word with the sound engineer we’ll befor the gig, who will sort you out a monitor send
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
  • BorkBork Frets: 259
    edited April 26
    Yes, I was using wireless back when it was still VHF.  Things have changed but that one constant about frequencies hasn't.  Good job that all but the cheapest units offer some flexibility from a couple of choices to fully automatic selection and pairing.

It's not a closed loop if I get an aux send from the mixing desk and/or connect a mic for ambience but this isn't part of the problem.  I'm looking for kit that is small enough to sit on a pedal board.  The Sure GLX D16 seems to fit the bill for transmitting guitar to the pedalboard.  I'm looking for something that can sit at the other end to feed IEMs.

I want the pedalboard with wireless systems in one hand and the guitar on my shoulder ideally.

[This space for rent]