NGD, Gibson Murphy Lab

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• musicman100musicman100 Frets: 1740
    Boromedic said:
    That's amazing, beautiful guitar and a great score.

Don't listen to the heretics, they don't need top wrapping unless it's got neck angle problems (plus it'll mar the tailpiece) and they always, always, look better with the pick guard on. 

Enjoy :)
    Cheers mate, new to Les Paul’s so still learning 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    PPPMAT said:
    That’s a hell of a first les Paul. Great choice - should sound killer through that Magnatone.
    I’m a self confessed guitars snob so had to be something like this. Lol
    The Murphy lab settling in just fine. 
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5059
    Lovely jubbly, superb guitar.
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7915
    TheMarlin said:
    Congrats. I too (a Gretsch fanboy) have a ML Les Paul (R6). I do wish Gretsch would do a chunkier neck pro line. Two best girthy Gretsch necks are on budget models!  The 2420T, and my gold top Pro Jet. 

I love my 53VS Jet, but then neck is barely there compare to some of my other guitars. 
    You can rely on Gibson for chunky neck choice. My SG Classic with P90’s has a neck big it beef in the neck. 

Anyway, congrats sir. Hope you have years of joy from it. Are you going to nail a Bigsby on it?

Cool, I didn’t realise u had a Murphy Lab Les Paul. I can’t bring myself to start drilling such a nice guitar to add a Bigsby, let’s be honest I’m not short of Bigsby equipped guitars. 
    Fair enough. Mine is held in place with a vibramate, so no damage to the top, and fully reversible, and no evidence left behind or was ever there. 

I do like a Bigsby!
  • BluesyDaveBluesyDave Frets: 412
    Beautiful.
    No Darling....I've had that ages.
    TheMarlin said:
    TheMarlin said:
    Congrats. I too (a Gretsch fanboy) have a ML Les Paul (R6). I do wish Gretsch would do a chunkier neck pro line. Two best girthy Gretsch necks are on budget models!  The 2420T, and my gold top Pro Jet. 

I love my 53VS Jet, but then neck is barely there compare to some of my other guitars. 
    You can rely on Gibson for chunky neck choice. My SG Classic with P90’s has a neck big it beef in the neck. 

Anyway, congrats sir. Hope you have years of joy from it. Are you going to nail a Bigsby on it?

Cool, I didn’t realise u had a Murphy Lab Les Paul. I can’t bring myself to start drilling such a nice guitar to add a Bigsby, let’s be honest I’m not short of Bigsby equipped guitars. 
    Fair enough. Mine is held in place with a vibramate, so no damage to the top, and fully reversible, and no evidence left behind or was ever there. 

I do like a Bigsby!
    Interesting might pick your brains about the later 
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5059
    TheMarlin said: Mine is held in place with a vibramate, so no damage to the top, and fully reversible, and no evidence left behind or was ever there. I do like a Bigsby!
    Interesting might pick your brains about that later.
    Don't spoil it!  :)
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
    TheMarlin said: Mine is held in place with a vibramate, so no damage to the top, and fully reversible, and no evidence left behind or was ever there. I do like a Bigsby!
    Interesting might pick your brains about that later.
    Don't spoil it!  :)
    For sure I’m just gonna enjoy it now and get it played 
  • AlexOAlexO Frets: 1099
    What a beauty! 
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14331
    tFB Trader
    Did you trade in the old Relic Tele in the end dave
    Did you trade in the old Relic Tele in the end dave