SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: Seymour Duncan Custom Shop - 78 Model (EVH) - MJ Master-Wound

SchmoSchmo Frets: 172
edited June 21 in Parts £
IMG_7598IMG_7594IMG_7592

For Sale:

Seymour Duncan Custom Shop '78 Model EVH Bridge Humbucker in black with no logo, custom wound by Maricela Juarez !

In used & excellent condition as pictured, bought for a partscaster project that I abandoned - it's never been installed in my ownership !

Some details from SD...

"In the late 70s, Seymour Duncan was well known as the go-to guy for players that wanted something custom. Sometime in ‘78, Eddie Van Halen gave him a P.A.F. to experiment with, along with instructions to rewind it with the intent to enhance the reproduction of artificial harmonics and “hot wind” a little for some extra “juice”.

The Seymour Duncan ‘78 Model humbucker is the result of that experiment. Loaded with an Alnico 2 magnet and wound to the exact same hot specs as that original P.A.F. rewind, the ‘78’s magnet and output combination lends itself to a warm crunch with biting leads and overtone laden tapped runs. While the ‘78 Model was not the final destination for Eddie, it offers players the opportunity to revisit a waypoint in the early days of his legendary pursuit of the ultimate tone.

If you’re a player who demands a high-performance tone and wants the classic hard rockin’ rhythm crunch, articulate picked harmonics for your tapped solos and whammy bar acrobatics, the ‘78 Model just may be your ticket".

Specs:
  • Alnico II magnet bar
  • Braided single-conductor lead, 10"/250mmm approx. length
  • Black bobbins
  • D.C. resistance measured at around 9.1k for bridge position installation
  • Wound by the legendary MJ in the SD custom shop in Santa Barbara on 19.06.12 !
Sold complete with original product box, black pickup surround, mounting springs & screws and SD wiring diagram.

£150, payment via PPG/Bank Transfer & UK mainland shipping included.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SchmoSchmo Frets: 172
    bump 

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14782
    Nice pickup. What is the polepiece spacing, E-to-E?

That baseplate suggests the "Trembucker" version with polepieces spaced to suit a Fender or Floyd Rose vibrato bridge. 

BTW, TMZ is an American music gear forum. A guy named Bruce used to review pickups, amps and vibrato sustain blocks made from exotic materials including stone.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    Nice pickup. What is the polepiece spacing, E-to-E?

That baseplate suggests the "Trembucker" version with polepieces spaced to suit a Fender or Floyd Rose vibrato bridge. 

The spec details are taken direct from the box as issued by SD - there's no spacing stated so I've assumed standard and wouldn't want to mislead anybody otherwise. 

I've seen later issued pickups that have the spacing stated as F-type though.
    Bump
    bump
    up again...
    Now SOLD !