SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: Bad Cat Black Cat 30 Head - Sampson era, mint £1500

StuartMac290StuartMac290 Frets: 1474
edited April 28 in Amps £
Can't quite believe I'm doing this, but...

One of THE all-time classic amps, this is an original Sampson-era Black Cat 30. It is one of the earliest ones, meaning it is virtually identical to the legendary Matchless HC30 - in fact it is full of Matchless components inside. Has all the features of the earliest Matchless amps (twin rectifier sockets etc) and the famous military-grade construction - these are VERY different amps from the ones Bad Cat now sell.

It's in pretty much mint condition, having only ever had studio use in its 23 years. It was recently fully serviced by a Bad Cat service engineer, who meticulously went through the whole thing with a fine tooth comb! I was there as he worked, and he checked over every single connection and solder joint. The amp was also re-valved entirely at that point and sounds better than ever.

It's an exceptionally rare example in that it came from the factory in a custom black elephant Tolex rather than the smooth covering Bad Cat generally used at this time. It turns out to be a good thing, as this is a much tougher finish, as can be seen from the fact it's still immaculate all these years later.

Alongside my Matchless HC30 this is the best amp I've ever plugged into. I've used it on countless sessions and records over many years, and I'm only selling it because having both it and the Matchless in the studio is unfortunately overkill for my needs. 

Comes with custom-made, heavy duty padded case, which cost around £120 to have made.

No trades, I'm afraid, need to claw back some funds from big studio purchases recently.

Collection from near Glasgow very much preferred, but if posting it will be very well-packaged and secured. I do insist on full insurance if posting.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments