Regan and Bricheno

What's Hot
GassageGassage Frets: 30947
It's kind of gone under the radar a tad, but Julianne Regan and Tim Bricheno, ex of All About Eve, have recorded a new album and mighty fine the excerpts sound.

AAE were absolutely brilliant live- Mark Price and Andy Cousins as a rhythm section and Tim shredded like a mofo in a very Gilmouresque kind of way.

His solo in December was the single moment I decided to buy a guitar- here it is. And as noted, very Gilmour, who replaced Tim for the recording of the third album as a guest.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• blobbblobb Frets: 3010
    Me too. When I got my first guitar I worked out all the AAE songs, so Tim taught me how to play in a sort of roundabout way. Marty was a great replacement though and a really nice bloke.

This was the track that got me in those early (late summer) days...

Feelin' Reelin' & Squeelin'
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30947
    edited April 29
    blobb said:
    Me too. When I got my first guitar I worked out all the AAE songs, so Tim taught me how to play in a sort of roundabout way. Marty was a great replacement though and a really nice bloke.

This was the track that got me in those early (late summer) days...

Ironically it was the first solo I ever learned and I was playing it last night.

And, I ended up owning the 1964 Jaguar that Tim recorded the December solo on. Paid 650 quid for it in 1994.

Being sad, I know that both solos were recorded into a JC120 with a Rat and DD3. Shelter was a Squier JV tele.

He is a hell of a guitarist.

@blobb And of course, Mark Price, the drummer, was also the Hovis kid pushing the bike up the hill!!

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Union chapel gig 2001 - Andy, Ric Carter (ex Mission who joined in as synth player but helped out of guitar) JR, Marty.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited April 29
    Gassage said:
    @blobb And of course, Mark Price, the drummer, was also the Hovis kid pushing the bike up the hill!!
    Funny, I always thought that as well but I'm not sure he was the Hovis kid. He was Nik Kershaw's Live Aid drummer though.
    blobb said:
    Gassage said:
    Funny, I always thought that as well but I'm not sure he was the Hovis kid. He was Nik Kershaw's Live Aid drummer though.

Fantastic drummer. And a big fan of slinging his sticks into the audience.

• maharg101maharg101 Frets: 708
    Great band. Saw them a few times. She Moves Through The Fair at Hammersmith Odeon.. just wow.
    This one goes to eleven

Trading feedback here
  • GrumpyrockerGrumpyrocker Frets: 4156
    Tim's extended solo on In The Meadow is epic, and reminiscent of Comfortably Numb. 

All About Eve we're the first "grown up" band I got into as a teen as I left chart pop behind. AAE, Springsteen and Iron Maiden were my musical education.

I loved all their albums, but I much preferred Tim's playing to the more indy style of Marty Wilson Piper. 

AAE were also my first proper gig. 1989 at the Manchester Apollo on the Scarlet tour. I also saw them during the 2000s reformation. 

I do follow Julianne on social media so i knew the material was coming. Though I'm not sure I'm actually going to be into it anymore. My taste has moved on a lot since my AAE days. 

It was AAE rockier moments that made me yearn for heavy music with female vocals. There was very little back in the day. But thankfully now we've so much now, and is my favourite kind of music.

There may not be a lot in commonly with AAE and the likes of Arch Enemy, Frozen Crown, Unleash the Archers, Etc. But the Eves got me on that journey. And the more ethereal works of The Gathering, Hanging Garden, Draconian, Myrkur, Sylvainne aren't a million miles away.

• GrumpyrockerGrumpyrocker Frets: 4156
    edited April 29
    Gassage said:
    blobb said:
    Gassage said:

Fantastic drummer. And a big fan of slinging his sticks into the audience.
    He also married Julianne's sister. 

And joined Delimitri. 

• KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18981
    As 'All About Eve' this particular performance hiccup damaged their reputation out of all proportion to its significance.
    Good to hear that they are still going :+1: 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • maharg101maharg101 Frets: 708
    One of my favourite YouTube vids of Julianne and Tim

This one goes to eleven

Trading feedback here
    edited April 29
     When they released their 1989 Glastonbury show on CD in '93 it became probably my most played album of all time. I used to imagine what it would have been like to have seen them do it live. ....and 5 years ago, thanks to this here modern internet thing, my dream came true !! I was ecstatic.