Suhr Hedgehog - maybe the wait is over?

What's Hot

Comments

• richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24865
    AndyJP;479305" said:
    I just thought it sounded a little bland.
    I think the 'weight of expectation' beyond a certain price point is that something will truly floor you with how good it sounds. In my experience, that rarely happens - in fact I can think of only a couple of times in all my years of playing (Soldano Lucky 13 and Matchless DC30).

I agree with you - the clip is unremarkable.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12049
    I think I'd rather have a Carol Ann Trip-r for that kind of money.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • hubobuloushubobulous Frets: 2369
    I can't wait to try it to see how it responds to my playing
  • hywelghywelg Frets: 4316
    hubobulous said:
    I can't wait to try it to see how it responds to my playing
    Just dont try and carry it across the road to your car. It will be run over and you along with it.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLin;477560" said:
    Midi implementation is clever, that could mean the end of pedals for some.  I guess if you can get all the dirt you want from the amp, selling off some pedals to fund this, £2.5k starts to make some sense.Tone wise, I don't find it that enticing, much prefer the Bogner flavour.  Thou i am impartial to the wood, I think it looks good but I can also see that it will date really quickly, like some stuff from the 70's.
    The only bogner I've heard that has its own unique flavour, in my opinion, is the uberschall. But that's one of the best sounding amps ever and I want it's babies. The rest I always think are just modded sounding amps. 

AndyJP said:
    Just watched the new suhr vid:

Unsure about it to be honest. A little underwhelmed by it. What do you guys think? 
    OH MY GOD IT'S ANOTHER AMP THAT SOUNDS JUST LIKE THAT. 

Yeah, I don't dig this sort of sound, so I guess I'm the wrong person to ask, but there are a lot of amps that sound like that these days.  The MIDI thing is really the selling point, though, odd they didn't really show that off. 
    This won't be the only vid that they make. Suhr's approach to these teaser videos tends to be one when its first announced, the 'Now Shipping' which shows it being boxed up through the journey within the factory, and then a number of other ones showing the different tones.

I would also expect that @PeteThorn will get his hands on one for an excellent demo too.
  • I'll never afford it, but they just had to use the Collection Grafted Pistachio T model that I've been drooling over for this latest video didn't they.

The guitar and amp come with free EJ/Bonamassa skillz

• Not sure how many of you out there care about this, but Suhr has been promising their Hedgehog, (Dumble style), amp for about 4 years now, but its release has always been stalled.

Upon perusing Suhr dealers in the US, I've noticed that they are now listing the Hedgehog and matching cab as 'On Order'. Although pricey, its great to see this finally coming to fruition.

that looks like the inside of an old Jaguar
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • NerineNerine Frets: 2258
    I quite like that most recent video. The low end sounds quite fuzzy and squashy. I enjoy that kind of saggy feeling in the low notes. Will definitely check it out.
    I tried out a load of Two Rocks the other day and bought a Sensor 50. So if this is kinda along the same lines, and has some of that Dumble lineage, I'd be interested.

I'd imagine this head with a good 1x12 cab would be a rather nice rig.
  • fastboyfastboy Frets: 166
    I must say that whilst I am not a big fan of the hot rodded American sound what did really impress me is the layout and how they seem to have packed a lot of features in but made it look so simplistic as well.

Definitely some well thought out design around usability.
  • New video posted for cleans:

edited February 2015
    New video for the Rufus Fuzz Reloaded through the Hedgehog....Ian Thornley playing parts of an unreleased track apparently...

• Sounds Great have one of these. I didn't switch it on in case it created too much want, but it looks nice.
  • For all you gear heads out there, Sounds Great now has a Suhr hedgehog in stock! Anybody who fancy's trying out this amazing amp should feel welcome to pop in and have a go!
    Hi @Sounds_Great_Music. Great to have you on here :-)
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    Welcome to the board @Sounds_Great_Music

Nice to see stores signing up here, which totally makes sense to me as we're your exact target market!

• Thanks for the warm welcome guys!! We have most of the 2015 Suhr range in stock, would be great to see some of you popping in store for a chat
    Never hurts to add more videos containing the amp as they are released....

• LewLew Frets: 1657
    Man that tone and playing is right on. I've only heard Ian Thornley on the Suhr videos maybe I should check him out he'd got a great vibe.
    edited March 2015
    The Big Wreck album 'Albatross' is a great place to start. Their latest, 'Ghosts' is good too