SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Matchless Lightning Reverb 1x12 15w combo £1,600

What's Hot
Alas, it is time to say goodbye to my beloved Matchless Lightning Reverb.

I purchased this amplifier new in approximately 2006 from World Guitars (the sole UK Matchless dealer at the time) and it has been my number one ever since.

If you are looking at this ad and are interested, I'm not sure what I can say about this amplifier that you don't already know, but its shimmering, three-dimensional, complex mids sit seamlessly in the mix in both live and recording contexts. The interactive treble and bass controls enable you to dial in just the right amount of overtone goodness from sparkly bright, to Tubescreamer-like mid-hump, and the spring reverb tank takes the edge off a dry room in an organic and pleasing way.

It takes pedals exceptionally well.

The speaker is a Celestion Vintage 30, the 12AX7 valves which power the preamp, the phase inverter, and reverb send and return, are premium selected TAD branded.

The amp has been serviced regularly throughout its life and been maintained fastidiously - it has been relentlessly reliable, and with its point-to-point wired construction, not a lot can go wrong. The only thing it will require over the next couple of years will be a replacement pair of matched EL84 output valves.

This amp has been used both live and in the studio, on several tours, and features on several major label commercial releases. There are more shows/recording sessions that I have received compliments on my sound from engineers than not, it truly is a tonal wonder.

Because of its regular and continued use over the years, cosmetic condition can be described as "good" with a few dings around exposed edges. There is also a tear in the front grill cloth where the grill meets the wooden frame (shown in pictures). None of this of course affects the performance of the amplifier.

The price already reflects the above, however I am open to sensible offers.

The reason for selling is that I have moved to a third floor flat (no lift) and the 45lbs to and from the car is ever-so-slowly sending me to an early grave.

Thank you for reading my novella and to whomever decides to purchase this amp: you lucky, lucky, *******.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments