Sourcing Yamaha Spare Parts

What's Hot
Hi All,

I have a '89 Yahama SA2100 with a bridge that's starting to collapse.  Its playable as is but when I last had it set up the tech pointed out the bridge to me and suggested it might need sorting before too long.  Unfortunately, the spacing of the bridge pins mean that none of the TOM bridges I can find anywhere will fit, which either means sourcing a second hand Yamaha bridge from somewhere or plugging the exsting holes and drilling new ones to fit a replacement bridge.  

Out of the two options I'd prefer to go with the former but finding such a bridge is a problem.  As expected Sontec can't provide me with one.  I read a few older posts on here where others who were also looking for hen's teeth where people suggested contacting Yamaha in Japan directly or trying on Yahoo auctions.  Has anyone tried either approach and did you get what you needed out of it?

Thanks.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7079
    tFB Trader
    You can buy offset conversion posts which will allow you to fit a standard bridge. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • M.S.M.S. Frets: 0
    edited May 1
    You can buy offset conversion posts which will allow you to fit a standard bridge. 

They might be another good option, Steve.  Are there any links you could direct me to where I can have a look or are they so common that even a basic search of the internet will find them?  I can't recall having come across them when having looked in the past.

• rossyamaharossyamaha Frets: 2462
    Yamaha Japan probably won't be able to help. I would get in touch with Steve Drennan at Yamaha Music London. He runs the service bit (think he still does). He normally has bits and bobs lying around or might be able to point you in the right direction. Another avenue is James Crow who is the in house tech at Yamaha Milton Keyenes. Again, he might have a stash of bits.

I play guitar and take photos of stuff. I also like beans on toast.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • M.S.M.S. Frets: 0
    Thanks for the tip, Ross.  I'll see if I can find any contact details online for them.