SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB - Birthday present amp around £150 available

Hello all, 

I would let to get the father in law a half decent amp and rid him of his Peavey Vyper.

Has anyone got anything kicking about they are looking to move on?

Only requirement is a good clean channel. Its a plus if it doesn't weigh more than the moon/Vanessa Feltz
The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DominicDominic Frets: 16677
    the latest Vyper s got fantastic reviews
    never played one myself but hard to better for £150
    look out for Fender Superchamp x2 -superb clean channel for a little cheap amp and some digital fun on the other channel which actually isn t so bad - upgrade one day with a ragin cajun 10 " speaker and its a cracking little tool
    I have got a wharfedale tct 35 for sale -would take £160 at the death -6l6 Marshall  type of thing -good reverb clean for the money but bloody heavy little thing
    its somewhere in the amp classifieds
  • ForgeForge Frets: 431
    I think you can probably get a good Laney at that price, maybe a VC15 if you are patient.
  • thats what I was looking at on the bay original.

I just missed out on one :-S LC50 I think it was
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • Epiphone valve Jnr...?
  • I have a Bugera V22 available for £180 if you can stretch that far?
  • Hughes & Kettner Attax 80.  100w of Teutonic efficiency in a robust little package of tone. 

It's in Electro Music in Doncaster for auditioning purposes.

Very cheap and very reliable.
  • Is this one of them there Laney's? I'm no expert on these but seems cheap as deep fried potatoes

http://www.gumtree.com/p/guitar-instrument/laney-valve-amp/1087262994
    I'm scared and I'm waiting for life
  • Lez325Lez325 Frets: 95
    edited November 2014
    I have a Fender 650 performer nice clean channel + reverb with a foot switch for £150, will courier at no extra cost

images via e mail- lesmoxona390@gmail.com

Les 
  • I have a Bugera V22 available for £180 if you can stretch that far?
    @frankieMART i have pm'd you bud

@Lez325 I will take a look bud

@Cacofonix I couldn't see anything on electromusic's website
  • Just checked this now, pm incoming
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 8499
    Blackheart Handsome Devil.  Marshall Plexi 1x12 all valve goodness for just £150 on eBay.

They crop up regularly, keep an eye out.

Marlin
  • Lez325Lez325 Frets: 95
    I have a Bugera V22 available for £180 if you can stretch that far?
    @frankieMART i have pm'd you bud

@Lez325 I will take a look bud

@Cacofonix I couldn't see anything on electromusic's website

Fender 650 Performer now sold :)

Les