New Tom Andersons at Peach

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• bacchanalianbacchanalian Frets: 924
    Offset said:
    Boromedic said:
    Well in that case, consider me corrected, although I feel that other posters are definitely pushing that vibe sometimes...

So if you wouldn't pay £4k for a Strat, which bolt on would you pay it for....?
    Ha ha!  I knew you'd ask that!  This (and it's double the price):

https://www.gyrockguitars.com/the-billy-f-gibbons-special/
    That is bananas.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2450
    Anyway here's Keith and his Anderson....

https://youtu.be/h4CrCTndkKc?si=_eJx0bUcGiF6Xeni
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • paulmapp8306paulmapp8306 Frets: 854
    It's also far from accurate  - Fender have never in their history built a guitar as good as a Tom Anderson (or insert x brand from many alternatives here).
    That's not even remotely true. I've had a few Andersons in the past and a couple of Suhrs and I'd take a good Fender over either every time.
    I have an anderson, and had another - both were way better than either of the Fender CS instruments I have owned.   Id pay 4k for a TA long before Id pay 4k for any fender.  IMO youd have to pay 10k for a masterbuild CS to even stand a chance of getting as good a guitar as a 4K TA.  

I dont rate Shurs quite as highly, and I dont rater PRS quite as highly (and I have had my PRS for 25 years, and owned a couple of Suhrs).  I paid 3.2k for my PJE and thats as gooda s my TA and better than any Fender Tele Ive ever tried - inc many CS instruments.

As an instrument, I think there are many brands better than any Fender (and I own a Fender strat - Im not anti Fender at all)  - but for resale value thats not true, though you shouldnt really think about  a new purchase in those terms.  

Horses for courses.

• Fishboy7Fishboy7 Frets: 2250
    Well, the Anderson Tele is heading my way this week :)    
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Which one?
    (And can I have dibs aithough I hope it is a lifer for you.)
    Congratulations. I have the same neck profile and frets on my Raven. Very nice.
    edited May 14
    Great choice, congratulations! 

Well the Anderson tele arrived today and it’s exceeded expectations. The build quality and finishing are unreal.  The open pore satin finish feels great and looks a bit different. I love how it looks and feels but I can see how it could be a turn off for some. 

It plays really really well and sounds amazing.  I normally live on the bridge pickup on tele but I’m also really loving the neck pickup with some light overdrive. 

My pics don’t really do it justice but you get the idea.  =)

0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Holy sh*t that looks fantastic. 
    The fretwork looks exquisite.

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14756
    tFB Trader
    Holy sh*t that looks fantastic. 
    The fretwork looks exquisite.

Agree - looks alone and it is a winner 
    Fab, the only downside of a TAG is you won't play your other guitars so often now. 
    If you aren't already a member come and join us on FB in the TAG group....its the most polite and respectful dedicated guitar group on the net..
    https://m.facebook.com/groups/355615871304110/?ref=share

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited May 15
    Thanks chaps - Also worth mentioning the great service from Peach.  Got a little discount and some free string-joys, and it arrived perfectly set up and even in tune    
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • paulmapp8306paulmapp8306 Frets: 854
    edited May 15
    Fishboy7 said:
    Well the Anderson tele arrived today and it’s exceeded expectations. The build quality and finishing are unreal.  The open pore satin finish feels great and looks a bit different. I love how it looks and feels but I can see how it could be a turn off for some. 

It plays really really well and sounds amazing.  I normally live on the bridge pickup on tele but I’m also really loving the neck pickup with some light overdrive. 

My pics don’t really do it justice but you get the idea. 

Very nice.  i nearly pulled the trigger on this 3 or 4 times.  I ended up with a PJE Oz instead about a month ago now.  If Id been able to get to Peach before that Id likely have walked away with this though.

I love the look, and Its the same neck as my TA Cobra-S so I knew Id like that too.  

My OZ... next to the TA:

https://i.imgur.com/IB1GYqO.jpg

Triple P90s - Nice!  Must be a beast.  
  • richman6100richman6100 Frets: 348
    Fishboy7 said:

My pics don’t really do it justice but you get the idea.  =)

Absolutely stunning. I'd love to try one, but it's probably better that I don't. HNGD!  :-)
    https://www.coda-music.com/secondhand/tom-anderson-hollow-t-classic-natural-2011-secondhand-12.html
    CODA have a used TA Hollow T for sale.  Looks nice with a chunkier neck profile.

@Fishboy7 how is it going with that gorgeous T Icon?

• OffsetOffset Frets: 12508
    I'll admit that does indeed look sublime.

https://www.coda-music.com/secondhand/tom-anderson-hollow-t-classic-natural-2011-secondhand-12.html
    CODA have a used TA Hollow T for sale.  Looks nice with a chunkier neck profile.

@Fishboy7 how is it going with that gorgeous T Icon?

It's really great - I've hardly put it down since it arrived.  

Yeh, I saw the one at Coda - looks lovely.  They've had some really nice used stuff in recently - those Ashers, the Iveson and the Novo all pretty tempting.  
  • guitarajguitaraj Frets: 62
    The one in Coda is featherweight - under 6lbs!