what is the best way to get cash to someone in Sweden?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Ulrika Jonsson - I heard she'll do anything for a couple of Krona
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 12069
    If you do use currencies direct will you then send me a refer so we both get £25 Amazon voucher. I need to send money to the Netherlands
    how much is the fee?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Currency Fair.
    £4 transfer fee and their exchange rates are great.
    It has to be a bank transfer - you open an account, deposit the money you want to transfer to Currency Fair then do the exchange with them. Then transfer to the recipient bank account. Takes about 2 hrs for the original deposit to clear usually.
    A bit of a faff but the cheapest way to send money.
    www.currencyfair.com/
    (Be careful of some of the other exchange services who offer credit card payment - they usually take the money as a cash advance so you are charged interest from the moment the advance is made. HiFx is a culprit)
    sounds good, thanks
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137

Try these guys, I've used them quite a few times before for foreign currency, I couldn't find anyone with better exchange rates.

https://www.thomasexchangeglobal.co.uk/

• Well, my bank want £25 to send any money abroad. I owe my mate €100 but I'm not paying a whopping fee just to settle that.

I used this one: http://www.currenciesdirect.com/en/personal/our-services

there is a fault on their site though, when you enter the amount you want the recipient to get, and press "get rates", it gets a less attractive exchange rate than if you enter the GBP amount you want to convert.

Since I had already been given an example quote on the phone, I called up and they switched me to a better exchange rate, so that when I got it working, it was better than the original quote: i.e. £560 to send what my bank wanted £566 + £25 

they also do a referral reward scheme: send me your first name, surname and email address, and once you use it we both get £25 amazon vouchers as @roundthebend says. If he gets an account, he can do some referrals too, not trying to take all the gain

these guys are the ones recommended by MSE, and are "authorised" which gives some level of protection

btw currencyfair was not any cheaper really, and it's based in Oz and looked fiddlier

• Does the money go to a back account or does the recipient have to collect cash from his local corner shop?
    IBAN details, sent to bank
  • If it's to a mate stick cash in an envelope and post it.