Moth into Flame

What's Hot
fastonebazfastonebaz Frets: 4145
in Live
Has anyone here ever gigged Moth Into flame (Metallica)?  

How did it go down? 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• LestratcasterLestratcaster Frets: 1105
    Not for a gig but had to teach it a learner for lessons. Hard to play all the aggressive downstrokes for a long period! Esp with the 16th and triplets as the tempo is fast. But quite fun to play.
  • fastonebazfastonebaz Frets: 4145
    Not for a gig but had to teach it a learner for lessons. Hard to play all the aggressive downstrokes for a long period! Esp with the 16th and triplets as the tempo is fast. But quite fun to play.
    I'm learning it currently.  Deffo can't do all down strokes though.  Quite fun song.
    You may want to slow it down to like 85% haha. I usually play fast metalcore songs but this is really long so I don't know how James has the stamina to do it for 6-7 minutes with little to no stops. Good luck!
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6797
    edited May 7
    ...................I don't know how James has the stamina to do it for 6-7 minutes with little to no stops. Good luck!
    Protools.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    merlin said:
    ...................I don't know how James has the stamina to do it for 6-7 minutes with little to no stops. Good luck!
    Protools.
    I've seen him play it live as well! Most notably the Grammy one with Lady Gaga (which was quite good but for technical issues with his mic).
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • WoodenheadWoodenhead Frets: 128
    edited May 8
    I worked it out a few years ago, not to play live, just for my own amusement. I imagine it would go down well with the right crowd. It's not really that fast for a Metallica song (~180bpm) but that downpicking section midsong is intense!

Here's two Rhy/Hetfield takes I recorded at the time. Never did record a lead take I was happy with, solo isn't that difficult but I kept forgetting the order of 17-12-15.. 18-12-15.. sequences.

On the downpicking section around 02:45 (3-5-6-0-0-0...), I found adding a 6-0 pull off was enough breathing space for the next group of notes.

edited May 8
    Excellent job @Woodenhead , much cleaner than My efforts so far.  
  • WoodenheadWoodenhead Frets: 128
    Thanks, I haven't tried playing it since working it out and now I can't even remember the intro!
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3924
    Sack it off and do Enter Sandman
  • RkphilpotRkphilpot Frets: 178
    No but I gigged 'The day that never comes' that went down well. Think people are tired of Enter Sandman, so go for it.

Always wanted to gig 'All nightmare Long' fucking belter that
    I need to listen to more Metallica.
  • bloodandtearsbloodandtears Frets: 1703
    I need to listen to more Metallica.

this was me a few years ago...

My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    @bloodandtears awesome! I zipped through it, that must be exhausting playing a full set of Metallica.
  • bloodandtearsbloodandtears Frets: 1703
    @bloodandtears awesome! I zipped through it, that must be exhausting playing a full set of Metallica.

@fastonebaz ; to be honest we were a well oiled machine by this point... and I only had to stomp on the wah a few times unlike the drummer...
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?