Warm Audio Wa-19

As a massive Beatles fan this is quite exciting. I’ve resisted buying an old akg as i’ve read a lot about them failing and being un repairable. At the price i’d be mad not to give one a go. 

https://warmaudio.com/wa-19/

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• StuckfastStuckfast Frets: 2432
    I've been trying one out this week. Ironically I used to have eight working D19s, but I traded them all to a well known London studio so don't have anything but my memories to compare it with. They've totally nailed the look and feel though.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AntonHunterAntonHunter Frets: 929
    The demos sound nice! I definitely don't need another dynamic mic, or do I...?

@stuckfast - They've nailed the look and feel, but how do they sound in real life? I appreciate you can't compare to the originals any more, but any thoughts?
  • StuckfastStuckfast Frets: 2432
    Well I dug out a D19 that I thought was broken and it turns out it works, but I'd be a bit wary of comparisons -- the originals are all over the map after 60+ years. The WA-19 does seem to do the thing I like about the D19 though, which is that you can jam it up close to a source and not have it get either boomy or scratchy.