Logic Pro 11 and Logic iPad 2 - coming this week!

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• hasslehamhassleham Frets: 627
    Just downloaded and had a play with the new features - very impressed! The new bassist and keys session player tracks are very good and easy to tweak to suit different styles.

I’m using an M2 ipad pro and tested it out with 5 different session tracks running at once, plus the new ChromaGlow plugin running on each track and mastering assistant running with no signs of the ipad struggling at all! 

Also really like new chord editor and how well this works with the keys/bassist session tracks! Really easy to use as a sketchpad for ideas and switch chords/bass notes quickly to test different ideas.

https://on.soundcloud.com/nSYqbY3ktvkQuaGs8
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8573
    I’ve been using iPad for music making for a long time. I’ve tried logic a few times now and it just works directly to my brain is all I can conclude. The 3 times I’ve invested in it I’ve not really come out with anything musical - the device seems to lead me, all the tools and musical decisions that it does for you I find it hard to get past than. It does sound good though. Each time I’ve gone back to Cubasis, that is a great production suite but base level inspiration is up to you. 
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17874
    edited May 27 tFB Trader
    I’ve just redone the track with the Logic AI Session Drummer 

I must say I’m very impressed

https://soundcloud.com/nick-long/blue-gate-2-session-drummer
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 9772
    I’ve just tried the stem splitter on an old stereo track recorded way back in the 90s. I did something similar with an AI program a few months ago (I can’t remember what it was, but I think there was a thread about it here). That took several hours to render the track with ok but not very good results. Stem Splitter did the same thing in a few seconds and with much better results! Although I am comparing a 2011 iMac with an M3 iMac.
    tFB Trader
    I’ve just tried the stem splitter on an old stereo track recorded way back in the 90s. I did something similar with an AI program a few months ago (I can’t remember what it was, but I think there was a thread about it here). That took several hours to render the track with ok but not very good results. Stem Splitter did the same thing in a few seconds and with much better results! Although I am comparing a 2011 iMac with an M3 iMac.

Agreed, I tried the same thing with similar results. 
    I found Stem Roller was slightly better results, but takes about 2 hours on my crappy old laptop whereas my iPad can do the same thing in about 5 seconds. 

Comparing results from one example (I'm sure other tracks would yield different results. Logic did a slightly better result on drums, but was significantly worse on bass where it created a lot of nasty artifacts. Vocals and Other were similar in quality for both, but Logic had noticeably more bleed from other instruments although with the vocals some EQ and gate would probably fix a lot of it. 
    tFB Trader
    I’ve just been trying to do my first significant track in Logic Pro 2 on iPad and unfortunately it is horrifically buggy.

Ive had multiple crashes weird bugs and just had to spend an hour fixing a track where it decided to trash a load of my work and then crash meaning I lost all of my undo.

even the early betas of Bitwig are 10 times more stable than this it’s pretty pathetic from the biggest tech company in the world.