SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Withdrawn - GIBSON LES PAUL Std Goldtop - 2005 - Murphy Lab NOT required!

RevMattRevMatt Frets: 848
edited May 9 in Guitars £
EDIT: just played this, then played 2x core PRS and a MM Axis, and to my ears the LP sounded better that any of them, so withdrawn for now.

Bought recently from a fine gentleman on this forum, and I love it - it looks, sounds and plays superb - but, in recent years I've got used to playing these new fangled light weight things, and although this is no heavy weight (at around 9.5lbs), I'd really like something a little lighter, so happy to consider other Les Pauls as part ex (I'm no purist, so weight relieving of any sort is fine)...

Gibson Les Paul Standard Goldtop - 2005 - £1650

This is a wonderful Les Paul Standard from 2005. The general spec is well known so I won't go into all the details here suffice to say that the 'Standard' has been and will always be the benchmark model of the Les Paul range.

This particular example comes aged (not by Mr Murphy) but through the passing of time, and a few tasteful upgrades. As you'll see from the pictures, the lacquer has lots of checking (some places charge extra for this!), there are some dings (mainly on the body and a little one on the headstock where it would rest against a stand), the binding has shrunk a little, the hardware has some tarnishing. Needless to say it looks uber cool, unless you like pristine, in which case look away before you get to the pictures! Seriously, it shows signs of living and probably looks older than it is.

That is in part, thanks to some cool and pricey upgrades:
- most of the plastics have been replaced with Crazy Parts 'Art of Aging' parts
- the saddle has been replaced with a Faber
- the wiring loom has also been replaced
All original bits are included if you want to return to factory spec or sell them to claw back a few quid!

Plugging in and playing this guitar rewards you with great tone, and a lovely feel - the neck is probably slim 60s, although doesn't feel too skinny to me - so probably a nice Goldilocks 'just right' but that's all down to personal taste of course. The set up is great (10s, medium to low action) with minimal fret wear and good clean fretting across the board.

In addition to the original plastics, saddle and wiring, the guitar comes with it's Gibson hard case, again, nicely aging with scuffs and marks, but fully functional. The Schaller strap buttons will be replaced with the original ones.

Enjoy the pictures - there are plenty to give you a good representation of the condition.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom