So....Eric Clapton

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• RoundwoundRoundwound Frets: 285
    edited June 14
    Seems like the tour varied quite a bit in terms of EC’s playing from venue to venue. Found this on YouTube tonight which definitely looks like a high point:

https://youtu.be/BI0yHE_Neto?si=J0iEtpaRJc2DT3tJ
    Having been there, i can attest that this particular song on this particular night was the high point of the Thursday/ Friday RAH gigs. Kind of cool that it’s been captured although obviously doesn’t do justice to the lift in energy in the venue that night.

Yes, his vocal and manual ability have diminished slightly over the last 10 years- when I last saw him in 2014 at about 69 I don’t think there was any age related decline at all. Still bloody amazing for 79 today. That he can still perform at this level is a testament to how incredibly talented he was. Most people forget that now. The Stones and Beatles all knew that back in the day. Ronnie admits Eric was better in his autobiography. 

I couldn’t find it to repost but there’s a video of him chatting briefly with a fan at the RAH on one of the earlier days that week. The fan asks to say something (bizarrely enough) in a quiet moment and Eric says “go on”. He handles it like a pro and ties it up with a “thanks for coming all these years” before the fan makes too much of an idiot of himself!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom