My 11 year old kid Playing Europa at his 5th grade talent show.

What's Hot
Vin'sdadVin'sdad Frets: 15
This is my kid. He had a few mishaps, but he handled them really well. The "roadie" was supposed to drop his channel switch and didn't. Somehow the volume on the dirty channel dropped a few points and you can see him wanting to turn it up after playing the clean part. And, they started the backing track, stopped it and then restarted it, throwing off his timing at first. That's the scrunched face right at the beginning. Anyways enjoy it. 
www.youtube.com/watch?v=rw_pq7gSf0c

And here's a second one of him playing Whole Lotta Love with a great local band. There was no rehearsals and the band had no idea what he could do. The singer had seen an early vid of him. This was his first time on stage in front of a completely cold crowd.

He reads the comments and loves feedback. Thanks for watching.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Vin'sdadVin'sdad Frets: 15
    Dunno if I'm allowed to post two links. I'll try it with just one:

• BillDLBillDL Frets: 8169
    He's a really good player and has groove.  I really love his smile.  He's a cute little guy, but he won't appreciate me saying that at his age, so we'll stick to handsome.  I really like that he's getting the chance to play in a local band like that, and good for them that they accommodated him.  He looks pretty comfortable on stage and it would be a shame for his talent to be stuck playing in a bedroom.  Well done Vinny Lee.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    BillDL said:
    He's a really good player and has groove.  I really love his smile.  He's a cute little guy, but he won't appreciate me saying that at his age, so we'll stick to handsome.  I really like that he's getting the chance to play in a local band like that, and good for them that they accommodated him.  He looks pretty comfortable on stage and it would be a shame for his talent to be stuck playing in a bedroom.  Well done Vinny Lee.
      Thanks. I'm really proud of him.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • LionAquaLooperLionAquaLooper Frets: 1429
    Wow Europa. One of my all time favourite guitar tunes that I'll never be able to play. That's impressive. Well done! 
  • relic245relic245 Frets: 1037
    Well done Vinnie Lee! Really enjoyed that. Got some nice tone in those fingers.

what age did he start playing (if you say 10 I’m giving up!)
    Imma say around 9.5. He kinda messed around some before that, but barely. At first he thought he was left handed, I think because he has a Hendrix poster. Once he got over that it went very quickly. Couple of epiphones until I knew he could take care of them. He got his Gibson last October and then the Marshall for x-mas. Thanks, BTW.
  • GoFishGoFish Frets: 1660
    edited May 11
    Vin'sdad said:
    BillDL said:
      Thanks. I'm really proud of him.
    It shows, and it's brilliant.

Eleven. Flippin' eck! He already looks more natural with an LP than I ever have. 3
    Ten years too late and still getting it wrong