Strymon MultiSwitch Plus or Hotone Ampero Control

rickd2112arickd2112a Frets: 36
edited May 20 in FX
Looking for a little advice.

I'm using a Strymon Brig and would like to use 2 or 3 presets on it.

I'm looking at the MultiSwitch Plus, but for the price I've also considered a real Midi Controller. As far as I understand the MultiSwitch Plus is a restricted MIDI controller sending simple Midi signals to the Brig to select one of 3 presets. I've built a DIY MultiSwitch before, but the 'Plus' isn't a DIY project.

So for the price I thought of the Hotone Ampero Control, it's a bit over kill for what I need, plus it will need a power lead on the board. I like the simplicity of the MultiSwitch, and I have no other Midi pedals.

Anyone done the same for any of the Strymon pedals needing the 'Plus'?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• paulcayepaulcaye Frets: 71
    I don't have the brig, but I have the sunset and use the Ampero Control for this, I do though have other Midi pedals. 

The ampero is Midi DIN connector and the strymon uses TRS Midi so you will need the conversion cable -> or another way to convert the signal (I use the morning star Midi box), costs and board real estates to come into play then.    

If I just had the one pedal, as in your case I would probably just go MultiSwitch, Bright onion do a version of it also https://brightonion.co.uk/products/multiswitch-footswitch. ;  

Someone else will be along in a moment to recommend half a grapefruit and a resistor to do the job ;)
  • rickd2112arickd2112a Frets: 36
    The more I've thought about this, I am leaning to getting a Morningstar MC3.

This will give me flexibility in controlling more that just 3 presets if I wish, and as I am also looking at the Cloudburst would enable me to have a couple presets on that as well. Just seems to be a more flexible route, although I really didn't want to go to MIDI as I will only use it in a limited way.

Cost difference is small as the Strymon Multi Swith Plus is £139 and the MC3 is £189.

I can't build a MultiSwitch Plus equivalent as it is basically a restricted MIDI controller. It is not the same as the older MultiSwitch.