Where's this bloody Chilcot Inquiry then ?

What's Hot
Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24613
THREE YEARS overdue. What are they hoping? That everyone who remembers the Iraq war will be too senile to kick up a fuss?

That we might all just forget?
Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter

Offset "(Emp) - a little heavy on the hyperbole."
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15769
    well, you know how it is sometimes, you start something with the best of intentions but occasionally they never get quite finished.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 16045
    VimFuego said:
    well, you know how it is sometimes, you start something with the best of intentions but occasionally they never get quite fini.........
    sorted
    tae be or not tae be
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    edited November 2014
    If I had my cynical hat on, I'd wonder if there might have been some behind-the-scenes string pulling by some of the bloodier-handed politicians involved in order to spare their blushes somewhat.

Lucky I don't have my cynical hat on, eh? :D
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    Tony Blair is blocking it's publication ... I wonder why?

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24613
    Because none of them want to go to prison ?

(or more likely in the land of the powerful and immune, they don't want their historical reputation tarnished or the sales of their memoirs affected.)
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter

Offset "(Emp) - a little heavy on the hyperbole."
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12484
    Fretwired;399851" said:
    That stinks. And how exactly is it legal? It must have been in the public interest for the enquiry to have been set up in the first place, so how can one individual block its publication? Blair must have a hell of a lot to hide.

• GassageGassage Frets: 31085
    I always felt he was a decent loosehead, but his indiscipline cost him a lot of caps, and then Jason Leonard came along and the rest is history.

Useless as a tighthead though.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• @boogieman - not least the fact he's a lying piece of shit, I can't stand him. He sucked the right cocks to make sure he'd end up with millions after being PM. 

The effect on Anglo-American relations is usually trotted out as an excuse for why this inquiry will never publish enough details about what happened. 

• FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    boogieman said:
    Fretwired;399851" said:
    That stinks. And how exactly is it legal? It must have been in the public interest for the enquiry to have been set up in the first place, so how can one individual block its publication? Blair must have a hell of a lot to hide.
    I think it has something to do with the telephone calls, emails and letters between Bush and Blair. They don't want to upset the Yanks and Blair doesn't want his comments in the public domain. No doubt an agreement will be reached with most being removed.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • johnnyurqjohnnyurq Frets: 1368
    Whilst Blair is a prize dick and deserves all he gets and more besides I don't reckon he is big enough and ugly enough to havr it blocked on his own.

It takes a collusion to acheive a near permanent block on it most likely as has been said the US dimension.

Especially as you would reasonably expect Dave and Co to hang Blair out to dry and they are not, this tells me thet have some reason or agenda for not doing so thus ensuring they cannot be brought to book for anything they might do in office. It would set a bad precedent for them all.

For sure they are all in it together.

Shame though because I would dearly love to see Blair squirm in a court and get caught out.
  • Emp_Fab;399933" said:
    Because none of them want to go to prison ?

(or more likely in the land of the powerful and immune, they don't want their historical reputation tarnished or the sales of their memoirs affected.)
    As if it would affect sales of memoirs. If anything a war crime charge would enhance public interest. I'd buy it.
    Use Your Brian
  • manimani Frets: 11
    johnnyurq said:
    It takes a collusion to acheive a near permanent block on it most likely as has been said the US dimension.

For sure they are all in it together.

Shame though because I would dearly love to see Blair squirm in a court and get caught out.
    There's a lot at stake for those that have engineered the 'Oil Wars', exposing Blair will in effect lead the slug trail back to the ostensible reasons of the Afghan war, which so far has cost £37 billion, roughly £2K per UK tax payer.

No doubt the Chilcot report will receive powerful edits and revisions and be years away (already been five years since it was announced).

Here's what Ken has to say:

http://rt.com/uk/201459-uk-isis-ken-livingston/